The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Great River MAQ-NV picture! Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Great River MAQ-NV picture!

For all you headed to Camp Tape Op this weekend...stop by the booth and check it out! For the rest of you...the one and only picture of the Mastering EQ in known existance...
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Sorry Wes,

Lynn has one already, I sent it to him the other day...

See you in a week.

Dan
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

ah...whatever...
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

here is a picture someone at lynns forum posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Great River MAQ-NV picture!-maqsmall.jpg  
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Man! ...mine is a blurry and crap. I was feeling like a badass for leaking the first picture...

Back to the point. The frequencies have been altered for a wider range, the gain switched are detented in .5dB steps up to +-3dB, then in 1dB steps to +-9. A "Link" switch has been added that links the right channel to the controls for the left, with the exception of the gain cut or boost controls, which have to be manipulated seperately. The same input level manipulation (+8 to -20dB), and the unbalanced patch point are still available for interfacing with various types of gear and the ever popular MP-2NV pre amp, making this the most dangerous piece of gear on the planet...user beware!
Old 16th June 2006
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16th June 2006
Lives for gear

how much$?

any ideas???

Old 16th June 2006
Lives for gear

No MSRP yet...should be more info next week when Dan gets back from Tape Op.
Old 18th June 2006
Lives for gear

how hot does it run?

in a rack would it be best to have an open air space above and below it - (thus having it use 4 spaces)

or is that not needed?

or maybe just one above it?

is the bottom perforated, or not?

thanks
Old 18th June 2006
I bet that thing is fun to use!

Tape Op Con folks - runs some audio through it and report back!
Old 19th June 2006
If I see it right, there is still no bypass for each band. Only for the highpass filter, and that you have to dial thru all frequencies

A specific bypass button for each band would be perfect for this beast
Old 19th June 2006
Lives for gear

WOW !

That`s really sharp looking !

Looks a lot more flexible than the EQ2-nv as well.
Old 19th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz
If I see it right, there is still no bypass for each band. Only for the highpass filter, and that you have to dial thru all frequencies

A specific bypass button for each band would be perfect for this beast
there is bypass for single channels and single bands

http://www.greatriverelectronics.com/PDF/MAQ-NV.pdf
Old 19th June 2006
Lives for gear

The individual band bypass is the left button of the pair above each band. It's not labelled due to clutter issues, but use it once, and you know what it's for.

It runs cooler than the EQ-2NV, because of the larger chassis volume. If there is a smaller unit above it, no space is required, if it's something, massive, say, put a space between them...
Old 19th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kennedy
The individual band bypass is the left button of the pair above each band. It's not labelled due to clutter issues, but use it once, and you know what it's for.

It runs cooler than the EQ-2NV, because of the larger chassis volume. If there is a smaller unit above it, no space is required, if it's something, massive, say, put a space between them...
Hi Dan,

i can´t wait to have my unit!!

Since i have the EQ-2NV for testing, I love it and my customers go crazy.

Great Job, Dan
Old 20th June 2006
Mmmmm .... this is looking really good.

Subject to hearing it, this is shaping up to potentially be right up there with the big-boys of mastering EQ's. When the developer makes every exact modification you dreamt of when you first tried the 2NV, you can't help feeling fate has determined you must own it!

The 2NV is a great EQ, but this could be a lot better for 2-buss and mastering. I heard it may also use different transformers and amps - can't wait to hear it.

Jules
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerman
.... (snip).... The 2NV is a great EQ, but this could be a lot better for 2-buss and mastering. I heard it may also use different transformers and amps - can't wait to hear it.

Jules
my understanding is that yes (a pal told me that he was told) .... it does have smoother sounding input transformers.... that it will street for about $4,100....... but don't quote me.

$4,100 for a fully detented mastering EQ of this quality seems pretty good, doesn't it?

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search