The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MAGMA QUESTION
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Nut

MAGMA QUESTION

Greetings slutz. I finally have my 4 UAD cards and need to move them to a bigger house. I keep looking at those damn avid magma chasis on ebay and cannot get up the confidence to buy one for fear that I'd be buying the wrong thing.
So what is the deal with those? The prices are all over the place for what seems to be the same thing from the same sellers.

Any advice yall could give me to help reduce my chances of fn up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all..

m
Old 16th June 2006
Lives for gear

I have 3 x UAD-1's in a magma 4 along with 4 x SATA Hds connected to a SATA PCI adapter card (in the 4th PCI slot) ... the front fan in the magma was VERY noisey, I just disconnected it ... works fine ... doesn't get too hot ... The magma chassis cost £700 UK new ... ITS ALL GOOD ... does improve performance of UAD-1's
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Nut

Yes, I'd rather get a new one - but I'm looking at 1400us. Any word on a discount reseller?

thanks fo rthe noise heads up. i have a space reserved in the 'box' for it.

m

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search