The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shadow Hills introduces The Equinox at TapeOp Con
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Head

Shadow Hills introduces The Equinox at TapeOp Con

Hello everybody,
We're Exhibiting at TapeOp this weekend, and will be showing off our Mastering Compressor and The Equinox, (formerly the Gama Deluxe, But now it's so much more.) So if you're in Tuscon this weekend, come and visit, and give them a listen.
Thanks,
Peter Reardon
Old 15th June 2006
close up p.i.c.t.u.r.e.s please
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Congrats Peter, on your Fine units.

would it be possible to post a photo of the back panel of the Equinox? Thanks.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

PETER,

What's going on with the back of the unit - do you have some sort of nucelar fission device on the back or something? heh

People have been begging for photos of the rear panel forever!!!

I know Pigpen rec'd his - but all we got from him was more shots of the front but still nothing on the back. I wonder if you have to sign a waiver on posting photos of the rear when receiving it.

If anyone is going to texas, I reccomend travelling in pairs;

the first guy can be used to divert Peter's attentions with some stupid questions

the second guy can hopefully sneak behind and finally get a shot of the back of this thing!!!
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Sorry about that fellas....truth is Peter told me he has "people" here in Georgia if I did it!!!!

JK

Truth really is that I just bought a new camera that apparently you need a degree in photography to use so all my pics are blurry!
I will see what I can do tonight.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

BTW, True North, love the avatar! I quote that movie constantly in the studio and noone gets it here, which makes it even funnier to me!!!
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen
BTW, True North, love the avatar! I quote that movie constantly in the studio and noone gets it here, which makes it even funnier to me!!!
You know, I have rec'd more compliments on my avatar than I ever thought I would - and mostly by non Cancuks. I guess I shouldn't make any assumptions about you, you might be an Cdn export for all I know!! heh

OK, quotes, hmmmmmmm , let see, I like this one from Strange Brew;

"My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven, this sucks."

A shot of the back would be great, thanks and good luck with the Camera heh
Old 15th June 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen
"It's a jelly!" Long live Great White North Palace! Sorry, I grew up on this ****.
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Addict

so if the equinox is being "introduced" at tape op, does that mean that it will be in stock and ready to ship? or if i want one, do i have to order then post on GS for months about how "it's going out next week."
i'm not complaining. i just want one but i don't want to order it until i can have a definitive date when i can get it.
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Addict

Can't wait to get more details on this bad boy (The Equinox)!

There's not much info to be found. The Shadow Hills Website is really outdated, and Vintage King seem to have the wrong picture up.

I still don't really understand this unit.

The pre's are the same as the gama right? Not to get off topic, but has anyone got experience with the gama pre's and an SM7b mic? In particular on ragga/rap vocals?

Any pics???

Cheers - Rez
Old 16th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North
You know, I have rec'd more compliments on my avatar than I ever thought I would - and mostly by non Cancuks. I guess I shouldn't make any assumptions about you, you might be an Cdn export for all I know!! heh

OK, quotes, hmmmmmmm , let see, I like this one from Strange Brew;

"My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven, this sucks."

A shot of the back would be great, thanks and good luck with the Camera heh

I too am a non canuck complimenting you....grew up with the movie (stoner parents!)

On another note....I may have to return this f'in camera, should not be this hard to get a non blurry pic!
Also, mine is racked with cables out of its ass down into the slot beside my Control 24, not sure even if I could get a good shot without unracking it and disconnecting everything anyway.
In the other thread I did go through the entire back layout though. I will gladly answer any questions.
I do find it odd though that VK still has that old pic up and not even the newer ones on here....

This thing has and will continue ot change the way I mix and the sound for the better. I am absolutely loving it.
Old 16th June 2006
PIX, DAMMIT, PIX!!!
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Addict

Shameless bump coz I want more info, thoughts and pics...
Old 20th June 2006
Lives for gear

Certainly won the "Best Rack of Show" award from me...
Attached Thumbnails
Shadow Hills introduces The Equinox at TapeOp Con-equinox.jpg  
Old 20th June 2006
Lives for gear

Damn.....that is sweet....I want that!
Old 20th June 2006
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace
god that is slutzy.
add a eq and spank me momma iam duuuun.
Old 20th June 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace
That looks like Darth Vader's personal rack. I love it!
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Addict
im racking my eqinox this 4th weekend ill post rear pannel pic i have another post on gearslutz but this thing rocks and i only spent 10 min with one pre worth the wait
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Addict

Names!

Okay, I love it too. Who wouldn't. But do they need their name three times on the front panel. Come on! (insert appropriately humorous smiley here)
Old 29th June 2006
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osumosan
But do they need their name three times on the front panel. Come on!
why not?

Quote:
Okay, I love it.
Quote:
I love it.
Quote:
I love it.
Quote:
I love it.
Quote:
I love it too. Who wouldn't.
heh heh heh heh
Old 7th July 2006
Lives for gear

My guess is that it's a discrete compressor in the pic.
Old 8th July 2006
Lives for gear

S.H. must have a department of redundancy department.
Old 11th July 2006
Lives for gear

Just wanted to pipe back up and say....WOW....now I have no idea how I made records before this thing.
When time permits and a band does not mind me posting, I will do a better A/B/C/D for you guys so you can hear the differences between ITB, then the 3 modes. It is an amazing piece.
Kudos to Peter!
Old 11th July 2006
Gear Addict

HEY!
i am new to the 500 series thing....but i have 2 GAMA's.
i LOVE them. use them mostly on vocals and drums. kick I and kick O! they RULE!
so i actually dont KNOW what the 2 new untis are? are they PRE's?
compressors? Equinox- an EQ???

thanks!
Durv
Old 11th July 2006
Gear Addict

not to hijack the thread...but Peter and ShadowHills rule.
personally took the time to explain milliamp draw and so forth and which rack/lunchy to get. Did i mention that i am just a project studio guy? i cant even get mastering people to call me back!! so Mr. Reardon and SHI, thank you again!!
i WILL be buying SHI stuff for life!
Durv
Old 12th July 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durv
HEY!
i am new to the 500 series thing....but i have 2 GAMA's.
i LOVE them. use them mostly on vocals and drums. kick I and kick O! they RULE!
so i actually dont KNOW what the 2 new untis are? are they PRE's?
compressors? Equinox- an EQ???

thanks!
Durv
The Equinox is a summing box / 2ch mic pre with talk back and monitor controls. I need one.
Old 12th July 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
The Equinox is a summing box / 2ch mic pre with talk back and monitor controls. I need one.
2 channel pre...but it SUMS too? so its got only 2 inputs correct?
i'm so lost right now, i feel i didnt absorb a vital part of this thread...like i never learned a very important vowel in the alphabet!

2 channel pre. got it.
talk back system ...whah?
summing?? ....you kid?

anyone would be so kind to enlighten me? paradigm shift?

Durv
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

Trust me...yes, yes you do!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinderArts
My guess is that it's a discrete compressor in the pic.
LOL

Very cool looking stuff, but the "discrete for life" marketing becomes a little annoying.
Might be a cool tattoo for hardcore kids in this business beside their "Straight Edge till I die" tattoo.
Old 13th July 2006
hh3
Here for the gear

Peter is definatly the best and most helpful pro audio builder I know.He has gone out of his way numerous times to explain things to me and/or help me with something else.I think with his experience in building custom stuff really shines through,because he certainly can explain how something works or how to build something so even I can understand.
He has my loyalty as a very happy customer.The wait is worth it.I look forward to many future dealings with him.
Harry

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search