The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Master Fader and plugins in Pro Tools
Old 4th July 2012

Master Fader and plugins in Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k

Alot of people like to simply assign all their tracks to output to a Main Output (stereo, multi, whatever). Instead, I do not see the harm in digital summing, and utilize it accordingly. Instead of sending to an Output group/Buss, I like to send to an Aux In. I like to sum my drums, sum my vox, sum my effects, etc. Then, sum those to a common Aux In, and then assign THAT Aux In to the Main Output. This allows me to mult a final sum in a mix; it allows me flexability the Master Fader features do not allow if simply relying on that Output Buss. This is my personal, preferred manner of using a DAW, especially one like PT with it's excellent routing feature set.
Bearing in mind the plugins are *post fader* on the Master Fader - How many of you have your 2 bus comp/lim on a aux track rather than the master fader?

EDIT - sorry, I should have just posetd this Q here: Pro Tools Master fader question!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search