The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
UA 4-710d issues?
Old 30th June 2012
Lives for gear

UA 4-710d issues?

Hey,

We have two of these in my studio. They have only been used for about a month now and out of the 8 total channels available, only 2 are working properly.

The other 6 channels have very low input levels. I've done extensive tests to rule out any other causes..ie cables, patchbay, mics, panels...I ended up plugging directly into the unit and testing each channel.

Is this a normal issue with these?

Btw, i'm running them all analog...meaning, i'm not using the digital section at all.

Thanks.
Old 20th April 2018
Here for the gear

bump
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear
Are you saying that with one unit ALL channels have low input levels, and only 2 on the other?.

I've had one for about 2 years now with no problems, but who knows what the future will bring. Are you sure the -15 pads are off? (had to ask)
Old 20th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGrowl View Post
bump
@ GoodGrowl you bumped a 6 year old post with no explanation. Is there a reason?
Old 21st April 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
@ GoodGrowl you bumped a 6 year old post with no explanation. Is there a reason?
I was hoping someone would have an explanation for op's question. I'm having an issue with one of the channels on my 4-710d. It will intermittently lose volume and bounce back to the original volume without me touching it. I've tried different cables and mics but still the problem persists. also, it doesn't matter if its on the the tube or ss end
Old 22nd April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
First they complain about not use the search everytime and then you complain about the bump to post the questions for the answers???? Do you have a reason? or answer it?
Old 22nd April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen one View Post
First they complain about not use the search everytime and then you complain about the bump to post the questions for the answers???? Do you have a reason? or answer it?
He wasn't the OP, it's a 6 year old thread, and all he said was "bump."

No one had any idea what his actual question or issue was, because he didn't say anything else. That was my point, and as you can see, it led to him explaining his issue.

Now at least there's a chance someone can help him out.

Sorry if I upset you.
Old 19th June 2019
Here for the gear

I suddenly seem to be getting two channels feeds into console when I try to use my 4710 d
Doesn’t matter high z or mic any ideas
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search