The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
220v Power Conditioner?
Old 11th June 2006
Lives for gear
220v Power Conditioner?

Why is this so hard for me to find? In the states you can't find a rack without a Furman or something...

I'm living in Israel and looking for a 220v AC power conditioner that I can depend on to output 220v sine wave without much fluctuation. This is a big deal apparently, as I am going to need to have one custom made for a ridiculous amount of money it seems.

I'd love to just order one on eBay, but I can't find ONE that is for 220v.

What are European slutz doing?!!!
Old 11th June 2006
flying back to the US to buy new fn converter/regulators every six months...

I'm in Spain. The electricity is so fvcked up here I have no idea where to start, since the 4 electricians I've brought to my studio haven't got a clue and can't figure anything out...so...I go from typical Spanish power (fluctuates between 180 and 250 volts) into a Voltage regulator/power conditioner which theoretically regulates it and bumps it down to 115, into a monster power Pro3500 conditioner, which conveniently shuts down my equipment all the time to protect it from all the spikes/brown outs/shifts in polarity/whatever etc...

Apparently the solution in this part of Spain is to contract 320 volts and regulate it down to 220, so that with the terrible fluctuations you still always have at least 220..., but there's some issue at the property I have that prevents this from being an easy & reasonably priced install...as with all things pro-audio in this part of the world, someone in England has probably figured it out and it will only cost you 2 to 3 times what you'd pay for it in the US...

but, the beaches are topless...and 4 blocks away...and I do love it here...

sorry, none of that was helpful.

goodluck...
Old 11th June 2006
Here for the gear

Maybe this will Help: http://www.tripplite.com/index.cfm

If you scroll on "products" Tripp Lite offers Power conditioners and UPS in 220V models.

I don't know what there availability is in Isreal.
Old 11th June 2006
Here for the gear

I just noticed there is a link on this web site to "Tripp Lite Isreal"

I hope this is helpful.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

19" Stromverteiler 1 HE 8 x Case Rack Steckdosenleiste

Ebay Germany

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search