The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Whats making you grin? Studio Monitors
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push845
Good for you!!!
the best feeling in the world!!! Try this...lay your wife on her back and place a plate on her belly and play good music, you can actually see the plate move when the baby kicks!! I killed alot of waiting time doing that!
Congrats again!
Paulthumbsup
Cool Idea, thanks!
I've been playing lots of guitar for the little gaffer. I just got a beautiful new Morgan acoustic and the baby has inspired me to do some writing which I've sadly neglected since getting into the studio business 8 years ago.

-Z-
Old 12th June 2006
What makes me smile?

My tube-pre-amp-modified Hammond T-200 through a Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC100 (yes, laugh if you want!), an Allsound spring reverb, Dynacord CLS-22, Vermona stereo graphic equalizer and two channels of ART Pro Gate.

Not the most sophisticated signal chain, and not completely free of noises of all kinds, but makes me smile!
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

1. UAD-1 Neve 1073 eq plug.
2. Sebatron VMP 2000e pre.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwayne
What else makes me grin ??

My little garden. I planted lots of celery, tomatoes, a wide variety of sweet peppers, onions, cukes and zukes, and the garden is growing very nicely. I also have a few large raspberry bushes and will get 1000's of raspberries this year. I'm planning on making raspberry milkshakes and raspberry jam. (Yes I can make my own homemade jam, I made strawberry jam last week and am eating some right now).
I'm jealous.
Hell, I'm grinning all the time for nothing anyway.
My 2 year old son makes me grin more than anything.
But my new lunchbox and a pair of 521c's has cracked a few smiles. heh
Old 13th June 2006
my old mxr dyna comp into a nick greer batch o'ass.

ben
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Head

5150 amp -> Greenback Cab -> sm57 -> Chandler Germ -> Mytek AD
heh heh heh
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Guru

a brand new all mahogany guild steel string, and a 42 year old all mahogany guild nylon string. after 8 years, i finally bought myself a couple of gorgeous sounding guitars, and i'm smiling.

my beautiful woman in her summer dresses, doing all the womanly things she does... that makes me smile more than my fair share.

3 businesses, all low key, all starting to really find their legs... many smiles.

gregoire
del ubik
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b i k
my beautiful woman in her summer dresses, doing all the womanly things she does... that makes me smile more than my fair share.
My bearded man with his pot belly doing all the manly things he does - God love him. I know I do. He makes fun of me for spending so much time on this site. Frickin' great bass player too.

Oh, and my new ADK Hamburg. heh
Old 13th June 2006
mixing from the C2 in dual-mono crush mode onto 1/4" 456 at 7.5 IPS. grins for days...
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

My Taylor 110 through my two new Sennheiser e614's (stereo) into my Black Lion modded MOTU 828 II pres. I simply can't believe how good it sounds - no eq, no compression - nothing. Grinning like you wouldn't believe.

Of course the wife and kids make me alternately grin with joy and cry with frustration - not necessarily in that order.
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Addict

MY Shadow Hills Gama "steel" setting for female vocals...Oh so sweet!

My new Barefoot MM27's monitors.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAudioInc
Heather

WHIPPED!!!!

For me, it's a "new" RCA DX-77 on acoustic through a UNiversal Audio BL-40.

My UAD-1 plugs will make me smile for a while. I can't wait to drop some $ on the neve EQ.

The converters in my Metric Halo STILL make me smile. Spend that long with M-audio and MOTU, and your ears will thank you every time you boot the Halo!
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka gimli
Doves. Some Cities. The Last Broadcast. 'Words'. Damn.

My new favorite band...thanks Gearslutz!!

Agreed!! Some of the best "new" music in a long time!

Listen to "Pounding" again.. and you'll hear the most well-placed hand claps ever.
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

My 2 RCA BA6A Limiters........they just make everything sound better!

Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

What's making me Grin?

The Peirrick thread, hilarious......
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Maniac

my Moog Taurus on deep C ....
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Head

Anytime I hear a great mix in today's popular music (kinda rare these days) https://www.gearslutz.com/board/image...es/sulkoff.gif
Old 14th June 2006
Here for the gear

what makes me grin?

reading about all the gear on this forum that i wish i had!
then dreaming that i have it!
then waking up to realise that i dont
then reading gearslutz

...its a vicious cycle....
Old 14th June 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

LSD
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Oxycodone
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

working on a project and FINALLY finding the "magic" vocal chain on a particular artist.

original c-12 (amazing condition and sound), original 1073, original LA2A (serial number 17 I believe) in near perfect condition.

being that most things this old sound different and I know this stuff is "supposed" to be amazing.... i think the gear just kind of happened to gel together as well. I have frequently used most (vintage and new) high dollar mics, preamps and comps and I have never heard something quite so amazing or "effortless" as this particular chain on this particular person....
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
That'd make anyone grin.
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Over the past year I've gotten the Buzz Feiten Tuning system installed on my electrics, my acoustic, and my bass. Finally in tune!

Peterson Strobosoft Deluxe.

Drumcore 1.5. Shoulda bought it sooner! Can't wait for 2.0.

UAD-1 1073, Roland bundle, Waves SSL.

My mixes are sounding better ... still a long way to go, but progress is something to smile about.

My wife, and my four year old son, Geordie.

heh
Old 14th June 2006
Daniel001
Sitting back (preferably in the studio), maybe listening to a great sounding CD.
And then realizing how blessed I am: talents, health, friends, family, financial peace...

A big smile and some tears!
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Head

There´s several things that make me grin (and even more than just grin). Here we go :

1. Nadja.

She is the driving force behind a lot of the stuff that i do. Not only in a musical way but also concerning my health (i hate doctors and she forces me to go which saved my live in some kind of way) and things in my daily life. She even helped me to clean, sand down and then varnish the woodparts of my AMEK Classic.

2. My AMEK CLassic.

It sounds good, looks good and fits my needs perfectly. What more can i want (for now, since the insane want for my next, bigger desk already pooped up in my head for about a millisecond! Haha).

3. My studio in general.

Isn´t it nice to work with music and sound AND earn your daily buck with it? I think it is!

4. The riffs and songs i write since i know Nadja.

I was searching for that kind of texture and feeling in my riffs for years (since my last band split and i never found any fitting musicians again) and since i know that woman it is flowing again (i mean the riffs here! Haha). Now i only need more musicians...

5. Life in general.

Yeah okay, there are always up and downs or setbacks but all in all everything has its meaning and often so much positive is coming out of a negative incident that was months or years back.

6. God.

I am not christian or that kind of thing but i do believe in something vibrating thats all around us which i call god. Of course this was not always the case and as the guy who grew up with metal that i am, i mistook the church a long time with god. Since i stopped that and read more books about the universe and more esoteric stuff my life really took off to a whole new and brighter direction.

7. The bands and albums that influenced me most in a musical and or spiritual way.

To name a few :

SEPULTURA - Chaos AD / Roots
SOULFLY - I / Prophecy
CELTIC FROST - To Mega Therion / Into The Pandemonium
NEUROSIS - Souls At Zero / Enemy Of The Sun / Through Silver In Blood / Times Of
Grace
BLACK SABBATH - Vol. 4 / Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
WINTER - Into Darkness / Eternal Frost
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew / Live At Fillmore
EARTH CRISIS - Destroy The Machines / Gomorrahs Season Ends

8. My house and garden

Especially the last one is strongly linked with the first point in this enumeration.

Until soon.
Old 14th June 2006
My new Klein + Hummel 0300D
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Thinking about that Radiohead concert I went to last night.
(General admission, 10 people back from the stage)
Old 14th June 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelhahc
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernier
That'd make anyone grin.

Having to lift or move them, however, does NOT make me grin......... LOL
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

That must of course be the sound of my Fender Richie Sambora USA Stratocaster... I l-o-v-e it!

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...ocaster-1.html

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search