The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"TTS Cargo" - scam warning!
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear Nut

"TTS Cargo" - scam warning!

I'm hoping someone might have some experience with this company, as I'm looking at purchasing a Virus TI2 for a great price, but the seller will only do the transaction through ttscargo.com.

It makes me a little nervous as it involves a wire transfer (no PayPal or eBay) to ttscargo (who seem to act as a broker). I believe I would be protected if the TI2 doesn't show up or is damaged...

Anyone buy something this way?

Thanks, Gabriel
Old 22nd June 2012
Here for the gear

I would also be interested in hearing peoples' experiences with this as I'm contemplating a transfer via it as well.
Old 22nd June 2012
Here for the gear

be careful

Hey man, I just did a little research on TTS. The domain name for their website was created two days ago so there's no real way to know if they're legit or not. It seems weird that they'd have all those comments hyping up their service when they've only had a website up for a couple days. I tried chatting with one of the people on it and I got no response. It could be a scam I'd be careful, especially when dealing with large sums of money. It seems weird that your seller will only do it through them too, especially since they seem to be a new company. I got a great deal on the table too but I think I'm going to hold onto my cash for now just in case.
Old 22nd June 2012
Here for the gear

It's also weird that both of our purchases involve music equipment...
Old 22nd June 2012
I smell fish. Rotten fish.

Could be wrong. Maybe they just changed domain names. But... smells definitely on the fishy side.

Inflexible sellers, wire transfers, 'special' service providers... I dunno about your money, but I wouldn't risk mine without knowing a lot more.
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear Addict

i would drop that deal and look elsewhere. you have no buyers protection if that shipping company is a hoax or fraudulent. tell the seller you have a friend near them that can pick it up and pay for you and ship using your preferred shipper UPS or Fedex. chances are they wont respond to you, sure sign of a scam.

on the other hand, anyone not willing to use PayPal and UPS/Fedex and dealing online need to get with the times. its 2012 people!
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear Nut

Thank you everyone. I'm passing on the deal. The domain name thing clinched it. It's especially strange that the seller went from being in Toronto (listing on Kijiji), to all of a sudden being in the UK for the olympics, and brought the keyboard with him... Seemed very strange.

Also the company claims to have been in business since 2000, but their phone number isn't in service.
Old 22nd June 2012
Here for the gear

my guy said exactly the same thing!!!! first he was in vancouver then he was in UK for the Olympics which isn't even until August. I'm glad we both passed on this it's definitely a scam.
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear Nut

Here is the original ad from this guy. Was going by the name (probably fake) of Richard Goodman.

Access Virus TI2 - City of Toronto Musical Instruments For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

I hope nobody gets sucked into this scam.
Old 23rd June 2012
Gear Addict

just say no
dont do it

its not worth the headaches
Old 25th June 2012
Here for the gear

TTS a scam

Like one or 2 others who posted, I was offered a good deal on a digital camera on kijiji Montreal and after a couple of emails, the seller was suddenly in England for the Olympics and wanted me to deposit $1700 in a TTS Cargo bank account.

He stated that the money would be held by TTS Cargo until the item was delivered and I would have 3 days to check it out.

I would not have done that anyway but thanks to you guys, my suspicians have been confirmed. DO NOT deal with anyone in this manner.
Old 26th June 2012
Here for the gear

Long-time lurker but signed up for an account because I got the EXACT SAME response from the Craigslist Toronto listing. Thought I had clinched a sweet deal on a drumset, then find out he's gone to the Olympics and he wants me to pay him through TTS Cargo. I have to say I was fooled, but started to get suspicious and did a search on TTS Cargo and (thank god!) found this post.

Thank you thank you thank you!
Old 26th June 2012
Here for the gear

He calls himself Donald Garcia for me but it's clearly a fake name. I wonder how we can go about tracking this guy down or at least stopping him? Anyone have any ideas?
Old 26th June 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaWu View Post
He calls himself Donald Garcia for me but it's clearly a fake name. I wonder how we can go about tracking this guy down or at least stopping him? Anyone have any ideas?
Donald Garcia? wow! now thats original. bet there's a huge amount of Garcia families out there naming their children Donald!!!
Old 26th June 2012
Here for the gear

Yup, I just about got scammed by this guy. Thanks for posting this. He had a Flea 47 microphone cheap and it was the same Olympic story. It came off of Toronto Kijiji and I also saw it posted on a UK sale site. His name was Tobias Wirtz in the email communication. He started with a "Wiss Cargo" for transport that seems to be a legitimate company, but just changed it to TTS cargo claiming it was cheaper and faster. On the TTS website, none of the links to support or home are functional, so it looks like they set it up in a hurry.
Old 2nd July 2012
Here for the gear

Donald Garcia

I know I am out of subject but I just saw a posting from this guy for a motorcycle on Craiglist. I had some communication with him via email. Here is his last reply when I mentioned him it sounded weird selling a motorcycle in Toronto when you are in Liverpool "for the Olympics" (btw Liverpool is almost a 4 hour drive from London so I doubt he will see much of it from there).

"I leave from Toronto 2 weeks ago , i'm in Uk for the Olympics but if you want i can send you the bike trough TTS Cargo at your home address and i will pay for the delivery costs . you will send the money to the shipping company bank account , they will keep the money until you receive the motorcycle in hands and after you received you have 3 days inspection period. thank you".

I see a pattern there.

When it is too good to be true...
Old 2nd July 2012
Gear Addict

this TTS Cargo S.O.B. needs to be stopped. someone report this goon to the proper authorities for wire fraud.
Old 2nd July 2012
Gear Addict

Website domain was purchased on June 18, 2012. Definitely a scam.

ttscargo.com WHOIS domain registration information from Network Solutions

Also probably fake webmaster credentials...but what do you expect from scummers, err..I mean scammers.

EDIT:
I just reported the website to the hosting company. We'll see what hostgator.com does.

Last edited by disinfor; 2nd July 2012 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: More info.
Old 2nd July 2012
Gear Addict

BUSTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disinfor View Post
Website domain was purchased on June 18, 2012. Definitely a scam.

ttscargo.com WHOIS domain registration information from Network Solutions

Also probably fake webmaster credentials...but what do you expect from scummers, err..I mean scammers.

EDIT:
I just reported the website to the hosting company. We'll see what hostgator.com does.
hope this scumbag gets a knock on his front door

Old 2nd July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73* View Post
Here is the original ad from this guy. Was going by the name (probably fake) of Richard Goodman.
What's his Nigerian name?
Old 3rd July 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
i wonder if it's more creative than Donald Garcia
Old 3rd July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
Lame comment.
Old 3rd July 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianFernandez View Post
Lame comment.
No, it's not. These type of scams are notorious from Nigeria
Do a Google search on Nigerian letters. They've cone a long way since then
Old 3rd July 2012
Gear Addict

Update:
The ticket I submitted to the host worked. They suspended the website. It's good to know that hostgator.com takes scamming seriously.
Old 3rd July 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Update:
The ticket I submitted to the host worked. They suspended the website. It's good to know that hostgator.com takes scamming seriously.
hahaha thats awesome!
Old 3rd July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Update:
Old 4th July 2012
Jai guru deva om

Wow, it's always great to see that sometimes scams can be stopped! Great work in pushing that to happen.

War
Old 4th July 2012
Gear Addict

Absolutely. It's a small step, but an important one. I know there are 10s if not 100s of thousands of sites like this (and a**holes that run them), but as long as we give each other a heads up, we can be a little safer with what little money we have for gear. And it's cool to just be a decent human.
Old 4th July 2012
Lives for gear

Always have a look at the email IP details. Recently "Manchester" became a Romanian small town (known as "internet crime capital"). I really hope that nobody these days falls for those cheap dirty tricks anymore.
Old 4th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodiaK View Post
... anyone not willing to use PayPal ...
Anyone not willing to use PayPal has educated themselves on their business tactics, or maybe read their terms and conditions. Use them for small sums only or suffer. Don't come running all booo-hoo and in tears when they do what they do.
PayPal Complaints, PayPal Customer Service & eBay Suspension Complaints
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search