The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Questions about cables
Old 11th June 2006
Gear Nut

Questions about cables

I'm in Japan at the moment and returning to Canada in 7 weeks. I'm planning my trip home and have too much stuff as I bought quite a lot of stuff over here (couldn't help myself - Fender Japan!). I'm looking for ways to reduce the amount of stuff I'm bringing back. I was thinking about my cables as they weigh quite a lot and take up a fair amount of space.

I know how a lot of you dislike Monster Cable, mainly because of the company but also because there is better quality cable available.

I have 8 Monster cables (4 Prolink XLR to XLR - three 500 series and one 1000 series, and 4 Prolink Monster Keyboard 1/4" to 1/4") and was thinking about removing the end connectors (Neutrik XLR and 1/4") and then buying some high quality cable when I get home and using these connectors.

Should I just forget about it or is it worth bringing these connectors back with me? I have no idea what this stuff costs as I've never made my own cable before.
Old 11th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by portobellovcs3
...was thinking about removing the end connectors (Neutrik XLR and 1/4") and then buying some high quality cable when I get home and using these connectors.

Should I just forget about it or is it worth bringing these connectors back with me? I have no idea what this stuff costs as I've never made my own cable before.
Dont these two paragraphs contradict? The cost of the connectors is a couple $$ each. Goto http://www.redco.com or some equivalent to price things out.

As far as alternative to M-----r Cable: Mogami, Canare, Gepco, Belden, etc. will all work just dandy
Old 11th June 2006
Lives for gear

email Sharon Morello @ [email protected]

for the best prices around on cabling...She made me 3 30' pairs, and 3 15' pairs, for about 85 bucks.

Teddy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search