The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Summit Audio - TLA-100A vs Purple audio MC 77
Old 21st June 2012
Here for the gear

Summit Audio - TLA-100A vs Purple audio MC 77

Hey guys,

Any idea of what's worth buying between those 2 toys?

Thanks
Old 21st June 2012
Jai guru deva om

What is your question? We've used both enough to know the differences but there doesn't seem to be a point to start with here...! Both are vastly different by design, tone and action.

War
Old 21st June 2012
Here for the gear

Hey warhead,

Let me focus on tone and action then: What is the piece with most character?
Also I read here and there that some Summit Audio is going bankrupt and some products seem to be discontinued in Europe...any idea about that?
Old 21st June 2012
Jai guru deva om

Summit was bought by BLUE Microphones and seem completely OK at this time financially and otherwise.

The Purple is a brighter, more open sounding 1176 style compressor. The signal path is high quality and quite detailed, it's not purposely veiled or smoothed over. Its action is fast as all get out (FET).

The Summit is a smoother, more natural sort of tone that definitely has a bit of personality to it. The action is smoother, not as grabby, pretty much a classic OPTO style of compression.

Those are just brief overviews of each.

War
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

You obviously need both. I have the Summit box alongside a Mohog 1176 and they are two sides of a coin. Neither can do what the other does, and at some point in time one or the other will be incredibly useful.

-R
Old 22nd June 2012
A Skeleton goes into a bar. Funny and sad at the same time. I wonder sometimes, if the internet and the technological revolution or onset of the "information age" has already caused such changes in how we live, what is to come after all of us here and now are long gone.

Will cities crumble as remnants of an ancient past (that would be now for us), no longer necessary and having, in the end, only existed to allow easy access to each other for, amongst other things, working in large corporate headquarters.

Guess I'll never really know -
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search