The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studer 900 series Condenser Microphones
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Studer 900 series

soo i'm all horny for a studer 901...

anyone wanna tell me about this bugger..
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

this one here...
Attached Thumbnails
Studer 900 series-slut.jpg   Studer 900 series-slutyinserts.jpg  
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

no one?

good...
Old 10th June 2006
ok where to begin...
i own an almost identical desk to the one shown in your jpgs.

it is an effing amazing desk. sounds killer.
the mic pres are pristine and silky smooth. the eqs are among the most musical that i have ever used. the master section has everything that the heart desires. i had mine modified a bit. have added direct outs to fold out patch bay.
remeber that a twelve channel desk like that cost approx. 60k back in the early 80s!

studer even still has replacement parts for this baby. not cheap though!!!

slut factor is also pretty high. have yet to have one client not be impressed by my swiss miss.

pm me if you need any further details.

cheers, warner
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Wow, nice desk! On the pictures it looks almost like new! I'm very happy with my studer, a 962.

Buy it, buy it, buy it!

/Cojo
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Nice man - there is hope! Awesome.
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

hey dim light...

i'm moving to spain in less than a month...

you'll see me piss drunk and stoned outside your door at some point i'm sure..
Old 10th June 2006
Lowdbrent
A friend of mine went to a local college auction, where gear from a classical radio station was auctioned. He picked up a couple of Panasonic DATs, a Studer 900 series console and some nice counter mic stands for about $50. He jucked all but the Studer, which went for a few thousand on e-bay. It makes me mad that he finds these deals.

He also found a public school with about 35 Whirlitzers and a couple of Rhodes. Offered the idiots a couple of thousand for everything. They said that it had to go to auction. He sent his wife, who was one of two people that showed up. Bought the whole room full of stuff for $10. BTW, all of them worked. They were being thrown away because the recent college grad thought that since they looked old, they must not be of value. In fact, they had trash compacted just as many before the auction! MORONS!
Old 6th June 2008
Gear Maniac

I have a 900 series 12 channel console as well, with an extra blank desk with all the cards I love this console unfortunatly I am haveing to part with it, when purchased it was 6 channels in one console and 6 in the other, that is why i have two desk. But I have just added all the strips to one desk. I know that when purchased new both desk together where right at 80k. If anyone is interested in this awesome console please email me and I will be glad to get you pics and information on the consoles. Please only serious inquires.
Old 11th December 2010
Gear Head

Well, i realize this post is quite old but i'll add my own questions to in hopes of reviving the post.

I have the opportunity of purchasing a Studer 901.

Is there a sonic difference between the stereo input channels and the mono channels?

The seller has told me i can mix and match channels as i want because he has plenty of spares. Therefore i am considering going with all mono channel inputs except maybe one or two stereo inputs.

Are there any pitfalls to this console that i should be aware of?

I will be using the console in a recording studio setting, so i need basically all XLR inputs (this 960 has many 5 pin stereo XLR inputs, but the guy has breakout cables)

He also has a 960 for sale which i am considering (but not so much).

Any advice appreciated!

thanks!
Old 12th December 2010
Gear Maniac

For the 901 they are great consoles I loved mine, the only issue I found was that upkeep could get very costly. The break out cables should fine. As for the mono or stereo, I only had mono and they always sounded terrific as far as sonic quality between the two. I dont believe there would be much of any difference, but again I never used the stereo I had mono. Sorry I cant be much more of assitance to you. If you have the chance to get one I would they are definatly worth the money and sound fantastic. Wish you the best. Take care
Old 3rd June 2012
Here for the gear

Hi,

I sell a Studer 900 Serie. This console is assembled for tracking and summing =).

Incuding a second console for spare parts!!! total 2 Studer 900!!
I sell when I'm crying, it's a great's console.

Photo's:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31026825/Photo%20Studer.zip

Mail: [email protected]

I also sell:
- Avid PT HD 3 PCIe + lynx Aurora 16 + Avid hd sync + all snake cable D-sub to STUDER EDAC

- Motu PCIe 424 + motu 2408 + motu 24 I/O
Old 21st June 2013
Here for the gear

I sell a Studer 901.
Anyone interested?
Please contact me by pm
Old 11th December 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flahflah View Post
I sell a Studer 901.
Anyone interested?
Please contact me by pm
Just wanted to let you guys know that I already sold my Studer 901

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search