The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Does a Firewire card change the sound of your bounces?
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Addict

Does a Firewire card change the sound of your bounces?

Potenitally a stupid question, but i've always wondered about this...
Would the quality of the firewire soundcard (motu 828, fireface 800 etc) change the quality of the sound when your bouncing, or recording soft synths?

GS has made me realise I need to ditch my motu 828 & get a Fireface to get better sound from my gear going into Logic, but will Logic sound better internally, disregarding the A/D converters?

Thanks to anyone who replies
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666
Potenitally a stupid question, but i've always wondered about this...
Would the quality of the firewire soundcard (motu 828, fireface 800 etc) change the quality of the sound when your bouncing, or recording soft synths?

GS has made me realise I need to ditch my motu 828 & get a Fireface to get better sound from my gear going into Logic, but will Logic sound better internally, disregarding the A/D converters?

Thanks to anyone who replies
Thats an interesting question...but my guess will be no. It will only sound as good as the signal that is going into your system, with whateva pre's u are using that would be my guess....
Old 8th June 2006
jbo
Gear Head

soft synths and bouncing have no relationship to your converters. they will sound the same regardless of your preamps, sound card or whatever. though on playback you will be hearing it through the converter of course.
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Addict

Ok, thanx! So internal processing of audio has nothing to do with your outboard box, asides from the sound that comes out of the outputs, of course. It was just a hazy area that I always assumed the computer took care of the sound of the soft synths, but just wasn't sure.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search