The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NEW DUC Rules!
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

NEW DUC Rules!

ecause this is a support forum for users helping other users with technical issues regarding Digidesign products, the following types of threads are not allowed:
Polls
Petitions
X vs.Y threads (Mac vs. PC, PT vs. Nuendo, etc.)
==========================================
If these rules were applied here well over 50% of the posts would be gone.
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Guru

a typical self defeating policy. The more boring it gets, the more it will be full of people asking questions and devoid of people giving answers.
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

What I'd give to get rid of the "Best Neve/Urei/Neumann Clone for under $500" posts here.
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Maniac

im fine with this. i dont go to the duc to learn of some shmoes's opinion of recording software (i come here for that.... id rather be able to sort through things that are going to bet my questions answered/confirmed....
Old 8th June 2006
Led
Lives for gear

Yeah, but which is better, forums with debates or forums with technical questions only? I haven't heard either but I'm trying to decide which one to buy.
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Maniac

the Duc is a site run strictly by digi tech support. they dont want to have to sift through compare threads. or polls. thats why gearslutz exists. if you are a digi user woulnd't you go to the duc before comng here if you have a problem with your system? if i post a problem here, is get bull**** like "well it's time to ditch PT" or "Nuendo bla bla" etc. thats not really helpfull. so to answer the question. ill come here for opinions ill go to the duc to see if anyone else has come accross the same issues i might and see if there is a fix.....

-title
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
NEW DUC Rules!
>> not sure how new they are, thought it was like this for quite some time. What has definitely changed is ; there are a lot of bogus new posters who are spamming the board with garbage..
There is enough of that going on on the web, and a supposedly well moderated forum should catch spam quicker.
just my opinion..
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by title
ill go to the duc to see if anyone else has come accross the same issues i might and see if there is a fix.....
and who will be there to answer your question? Just other "askers". the DUC used to have some "life" to it and that kept the real experts hanging around.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search