The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Interface recommendations
Old 4th June 2012
Gear Head

Interface recommendations

Its time for me to upgrade from my mbox mini. I was really leaning towards the Duet 2 but I sort of don't feel its worth the $600 with it having the same amount of ins and outs as my mini. But then again I don't feel its worth spending an extra $1000 for a few more outs. Are there any interfaces in the Duet's price range with more outputs and just as good converters?
Old 4th June 2012
Gear Maniac

Rme makes a good quality interface same price range... Plus it has digital ins (adat) so its expendable in the future... How many channels do u NEED?... In my opinion its better to have 2 very good channels than 8 really sucky ones...

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Old 5th June 2012
Lives for gear

If you're coming from the old Mbox Mini, look into the new Mbox 3 (non-mini). It has 2 analog ins and 2 channels of spidf in/out. And it sounds better than the Duet 2, in my opinion, as I've compared them side by side.
Old 5th June 2012
RME Babyface!
Old 5th June 2012
Here for the gear

Apogee or RME. Don't waste your time with anything else. In your price range your looking at the Apogee Duet 2 or the RME Babyface. Both will get the job done nicely.
Old 5th June 2012
DSK
Lives for gear

Steinberg UR28m has great converters, fantastic preamps, a great monitoring section with nice knobs and it's cheaper(because it's made by Yamaha).

Nice set of inputs and outputs also.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search