The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
There is a rumour that BLA is working on an audio interface. Information needed
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

There is a rumour that BLA is working on an audio interface. Information needed

Hi, as I am searching for my new audio audio interface, I would like to know if someone has information about it.
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

They already are making them. I believe they are called Sparrow. Just go to their site you will see them.
Old 4th June 2012
Gear Maniac

I think the sparrow is just a convertor. They posted something a few months ago on their facebook about a thunderbolt interface and working with Apple but it was just getting started.
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

I know I am interested in a BLA interface!
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

i can't tell you anything ...go to the facebook page and see him talkin about it
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks for the facebook info, so, it´s not a rumour, but real.

From their facebook site:

"No preamps, just line in. The 32 bit capable design is a true 32 bit integer device. None of this floating point DSP interpolated doo-doo that everyone is touting as 32 bit these days. Standalone yes for the 32 bit design."

"I don't have official prices yet but probably the $2k ballpark for the red Sparrow based converter and $5k for the 32 bit system"

"It's hard to give exact details but our counting-on-thumbs budgetary pricing suggests $2k for an 8x8 that could be expanded to 16x16."

"Also I forgot to mention: these boxes will be driverless."

Seems promising, I will wait for both units to be available, then I will decide what to buy.

It's been awhile... | Facebook
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

WELL IF YOU CAN BUY THE more expensive unityou will be on top of the world.Take a look on Youtube. and see the comparison stock 002 vs the modded 002.And hold on to your chair while listening
The folks at BLA are so cool .They answer any question and don't make you feel like a fool if you ask something stupid
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
WELL IF YOU CAN BUY THE more expensive unityou will be on top of the world.
No, I can´t, the 32 bit design is too much, but I can afford the $2k for the red Sparrow based converter, which is supposed to be based on the BLA FM192, meaning high quality.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search