The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Never seen this EQ - can you help identify?
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

Never seen this EQ - can you help identify?

I just purchased this interesting piece on German ebay, but I have no idea which manufacturer. I guess Eastern German RFT but...? Frequencies can be set to (!) 25, 100, 400 Hz and 2.5, 10 and (?) 40kHz, it has a "presence" labeled mid band too. Big input transformer, so I thought, I'll give it a try.
Anyone knows more about it?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Never seen this EQ - can you help identify?-unknown-eq.jpg  
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Addict

contact the guys from "www.hestudiotechnik.de" and ask them, i am pretty sure they can help you.
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

They don't know either :-/
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

then maybe...

... funkyjunkfrance.com
Old 15th June 2006
Here for the gear

Hello beingmf,

this eq module FE625.31 comes from a small eastern german mixing console called Disko 72 / KSG 625 and was made by VEB Studio-Elektroakustik Leipzig in the seventies.

The "Kreuzklinke"-connector on the rear which is labelled EIN U. AUSGANG is used to connect it to the input module (VV625.11) or the output module (HV625.12) of the console as an insert.

It has no input or output transformer. (Only the VV625.11 has an input transformer and the HV625.11 has an output transformer). The part you identified as the input transformer is a inductor, which is part of the filter circuit.

The Disko 72 looks like this (this is actually the one I bought a few days ago):

http://www.resultado6.de/ebay/userda...hpult/1XXL.jpg

There are currently two auctions on ebay for the Disko 72 / KSG 625 and one for the input module HV625.11 (which has the insert connection for your eq module).

Does anyone have schematics for this console?

Best regards,
Tobias
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Also, let me note that this module runs at -10dB.
It's meant to be used in series between the KSG's input section and its output drivers.

Terrific sounding eqs BTW, all discrete, big inductor sound.
But as I said they need to be placed in the right setup to work properly.

My 2 cents.

Michael
Old 16th June 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah guys, great! Thanks a lot for the info (how comes you know so much about it?).

Great console btw.! Let's see who's first in finding a Schaltplan for the baby... Or does one of you have one?
Old 27th August 2006
Here for the gear

Hello, I got a "Schaltplan" (schematics) for this eq-module. heh
Unfortunately I can´t get the pdf smaller than ~400k without loosing too much information, so I am not allowed to upload it (maximum size for pdf-uploads is ~130k).

If anyone´s interested I can send it via email.

Best regards,
Tobias
Old 10th April 2008
Gear Head

2 years later...........

Wow, this thread's just solved a puzzle for me!
Hope you're still enjoying your KSG desks.
I've been looking for a couple of weeks to try and identify a strange channel strip I bought off ebay. The writing had worn off from it, below the fader , but it has 625.11 on the pcb...
Thanks Tobias, Mig and all, my orphaned channel strip finally has a name!

I don't suppose anyone has a "schaltplan" or tech. information for the 625.11 do they? I'd love to see if I could hook it up and try it out... I suppose i'd need some way to step it up to 0dB..

Sorry I know i should probably start a new thread but i thought I'd thank you here first for shedding some light.

PS, any ideas what the "C" pot does?...
Here's some pictures, please excuse the low quality.....

ImageShack - Hosting :: DSC01159.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: DSC01160.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: DSC01161.jpg

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search