The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rickenbackers.
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Nut

Rickenbackers.

Hello you Ricky fiends.

Does anyone one a pre-1969 Rickebacker electric with the "Toaster-Top" pickups?

I own one and I am so insanely in love with sound of this thing. The ultimate clean-ish rhythm sound!

I have used newer models with the hi-gain pickups and they're real nice too - but those old pickups - My God.
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

i put toasters in two of my ricks, a 381v69 and a 360. i left a 90's 360 with the higains though. all of them sound good. i keep the higains 360 at the studio.
Old 5th June 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

So the hi gains are the standard pickups that come stock on a 360? Anyone try the Ric humbuckers? I have been curious to try them but don't want to put them in my 360 if they sound like ass.

Back on topic, when I ordered a 4003 bass last year, mine came with a toaster on it. When compared to a friends Ric 4003 bass that was bought at the same time, he had the original pick up and we could not really tell a difference. I think the toaster was a tad brighter. None of mine are pre 1969 so I don't know why I even replied to this thread.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search