The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Joemeek SixQ vs ThreeQ
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Joemeek SixQ vs ThreeQ

I've done a bit of research and read some reviews on each of these pieces. Lookin for some advice though. I realize that financial consideration varies greatly from person to person so I'll try to phrase this question in general terms.

Is it worth the extra 'expenditure' to go for the sixQ? Is that unit significantly 'better' than the threeQ? I could use what I save by going with the threeQ to get me part of the way towards the sm7b I'm eyeing.

So basically I could have the threeQ and the sm7 really soon... OR the sixQ with my current mediocre mic selection and the sm7 later.

Any thoughts?
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

i lusted after the new JM stuff a while back. personally, if i had a limited budget (and i do) i would go for the m-audio dmp3 for $150 and get the fmr rnc for $180.

you wont have an eq but i prefer to eq with plugins while mixing, instead of recording thru eq. (it just mucks stuff up imo...unless you have an really expensive eq)

i like to have the stuff separate. so this way, down the road you can upgrade the pre and keep the compressor. plus i think this combo sounds better. ymmv of course.

just my 2 pents
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_who
ymmv of course.
... still trying to figure out what that means?
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

Your Mileage May Vary

so it means your experience might be different than mine so try it for yourself.

all these internet acronyms do get confusing. ususally if i see one that i don't know i'll just enter it in google and i'll usually find a definition what it stands for.

here is a WHOLE list of them

http://www.magicpub.com/netprimer/acronyms.html

ok this on is just silly:

IARTPFWTSIOWIM I am Repeating this Parrot fashion without the slightest idea of what it Means
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

thats funny.... i think i might have to bookmark that page

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search