The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Priming an LA610 compressor
Old 22nd May 2012
Priming an LA610 compressor

Singing through LA610 MKII and noticed that at the beginning of a track, the compressor didn't kick in right away. There was a very tiny amount at the beginning that was uncompressed. I wasn't recording so I don't have any samples. Is this normal and if so how can I "prime" the compressor to be "ready" for the first part of the vocals?
Old 22nd May 2012
Gear Head

i some times do this trick when my la2 is popping at the start of a vocal.
Copy a piece of the vocal and paste it just before the start of the actual vocal track, then automate the return of the compressor to be muted for the copied audio and un mute it when the actual vocal starts. This way the compressor is already releasing/working when your vocal track hits it.

I'm super out of it so this post probably won't make much sense. let me know if you have any questions.
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ido1957 View Post
Singing through LA610 MKII and noticed that at the beginning of a track, the compressor didn't kick in right away. There was a very tiny amount at the beginning that was uncompressed. I wasn't recording so I don't have any samples. Is this normal and if so how can I "prime" the compressor to be "ready" for the first part of the vocals?
hello bud! well I jut got a LA610mkii about 3 days ago and haven't noticed that, I will do some tests with it, try recording again with it and post a clip.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search