The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitors Recommendation
Old 21st May 2012
Here for the gear

Monitors Recommendation

Hey guys,
I'm looking to purchase a set of monitors for my home studio that can plug into my interface (XLR Left/Right). I don't want to spend more than $500, but would actually like to keep the price in the $200 range if possible. I'll be using them for hip hop music. Any suggestions?
Old 21st May 2012
KRKs are a good starting point, as long as your room is right!
Old 21st May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlanestoner View Post
KRKs are a good starting point, as long as your room is right!

With the money you have to spend i would just go with the KRK.
Old 21st May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmankid View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking to purchase a set of monitors for my home studio that can plug into my interface (XLR Left/Right). I don't want to spend more than $500, but would actually like to keep the price in the $200 range if possible. I'll be using them for hip hop music. Any suggestions?
When someone says hip hop I think they're gonna need some serious low end. The equator D5 are 300$, decent sounding but with very bass heavy music the ports may fart a bit. Other than that, I think there's nothing else decent enough that stays withing yout budget.

If I were you I'd wait to have at least a 2-300$ more, 800$ will buy a decent set of monitors with decent low end representation, anything less than than and it may be too much of a compromise.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search