The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can I use my Telecaster as a mic pre?
Old 2nd June 2006
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Can I use my Telecaster as a mic pre?

Sorry...I thought Telecaster was a requirement in all headings today.
Old 2nd June 2006
  #2
Lives for gear
 

If you sing into the bridge pickup loud enough, it almost sounds like a U87.
Old 2nd June 2006
  #3
Lives for gear
 
lemix's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVD
If you sing into the bridge pickup loud enough, it almost sounds like a U87.
Hmm..I didn't know that..
But I'm just a drummer
I'll try my Slingerland snare as a spring reverb next !!
Old 2nd June 2006
  #4
Lives for gear
 
flail19's Avatar
 

No, but if you buy an expensive enough one you can walk down the street humming a telecaster.
Old 2nd June 2006
  #5
Gear Addict
 
Inner Light's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle
Sorry...I thought Telecaster was a requirement in all headings today.
Brilliant!
Old 2nd June 2006
  #6
Lives for gear
 
AdamJay's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle
Sorry...I thought Telecaster was a requirement in all headings today.

it is!

thank you for your compliance!
Old 2nd June 2006
  #7
Lives for gear
 
HudHudson's Avatar
 

The PUPs in the MexiTeles are super-microphonic and they make a nice alternative to an SM-57 in a pinch.
Old 2nd June 2006
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Tibbon's Avatar
I had a 79 P-bass that we actually used a clip of a bassplayer talking right before the song started (which printed to the track through the pickup) in a song.
Old 2nd June 2006
  #9
Lives for gear
 

I saw a performance by K.K. Null, a Japanese noise artist, who really 'got into it' at one point by engaging in an extended bout of screaming full force into the pickups that translated through his effect chain and wall of amplifiers for a SERIOUS wave of white-noise din. I might add that he wasn't much quieter playing guitar 'normally' in his full band Zeni Geva.
Old 2nd June 2006
  #10
Lives for gear
 
el cochino's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurymantra
I saw a performance by K.K. Null, a Japanese noise artist, who really 'got into it' at one point by engaging in an extended bout of screaming full force into the pickups that translated through his effect chain and wall of amplifiers for a SERIOUS wave of white-noise din. I might add that he wasn't much quieter playing guitar 'normally' in his full band Zeni Geva.
I love Zeni Geva!
Old 2nd June 2006
  #11
Gear Addict
 
BeerHunter's Avatar
... so that was what Hendrix was doing. Hahaha, and everyone thought he was playing with his tongue.
Old 3rd June 2006
  #12
500 series nutjob
 
pan60's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJay
it is!

thank you for your compliance!
yes, yes !
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump