The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
i love telecasters...
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

ive got a mexican tele body fully loaded . its got P90s at the neck and a strat in the middle with a stock bridge pup.also has a fishman tranducer in the bridge. 5 way
with three knobs . but no neck. two channels.
I took the neck off and built a custom body . its a five channel guitar ,at the neck its
got an acustic fishman double coil (cant remember the model name) and two fender
noisless on on the top three strings the other noisless rides the bottom three strings
then its got an american strat pup.that reads all six strings then I made two pups
one for top E on pup for bottom pup so you can pitch shift.
so you can have three strings paned and eq in the right run the other three strings to the left kinda trippy and fun to record with
im curently working on a three string three channel bass frettless.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

hilarious. just yesterday i was trying out a couple teles in order to fulfill a longtime dream of being a tele owner. any further opinions on the 2006(american) models of the '52 reissue?
-J
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

wait till Allencollins sees this thread!

wait till Allencollins sees this thread! He's gonna freak out seeing the Tele love heh
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Put me down in the love camp. Mine do whatever I need, unless the ES-350T is in order.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

Some of my first shows were played on a MIJ Lefty Tele. I sold it years ago, but I still miss the tele. I do so love the sound of that single coil tele bridge pickup interacts with the metal tele bridge! My main guitar right now is a custom Koll Tornado, but I still entertain the idea that one day, I might have a lefty tele custom made, somewhat like the Fender 50's Twisted Tele model. We'll see...

Orren

PS--I have the Top Boost module in my RM100, and it sounds fantastic! Keep in mind its far hotter than a real Vox, sort of like a Vox with a Tube Screamer. You can get the module modded, however, to be more like a Vox.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Guru

I'm a big Tele freak myself. Mine is a '68 RI Flower Tele, the brother the the Paisley. It's got nice thick nitrocellulose finish on the maple neck. I replaced the three saddles with brass compensated ones from Stu Mac. It's got the classic Tele "quack", feels great, looks ridiculous and I love it!

I've also got a G&L ASAT special with the P90 type pick-ups that sounds wonderful too.

Viva La TELE!
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

I have a Tele Plus that is irreplaceable.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

i have a '67 maple neck with 6000 frets. love it. i've had it since 1982.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

I always wanted a tele. Had one back in the 70's but it was a stiff so it went. Let's see some slutty pics guys. Come on!
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Guitar
hilarious. just yesterday i was trying out a couple teles in order to fulfill a longtime dream of being a tele owner. any further opinions on the 2006(american) models of the '52 reissue?
-J
If you are going for an American Vintage RI, it may not be a bad idea to look into "thin skin" model, which has thinner nitro finish than normal '52 RI (which has a nitro coating over poly finish). I think it is a special version not in the catalog.

These ones

I have a '65 that went through an extensive restoration - the previous owner ruined it completely... It has a rare "A-neck", 1 1/2" nut width, which fits my tiny hand very well. My main guitar for the rest of my life...
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg
please put me in the hate camp.

my guitars better have mohagany somewhere in there!
I have a Fender Tele-Sonic. Mahogany body. Darker tone.

Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

Does this count?

It (one in the middle ) certainly does kick ass.
Attached Thumbnails
i love telecasters...-jazz-caster.jpg  
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew
those wilkinson stoptails are wild!
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh...

Old 2nd June 2006

hi yutaka, did we meet at scotts studio in paris? If so ... HI!....

+ yes.. kent, while that guitar is the most garish design EVVVA it does indeed rock \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutaka
If you are going for an American Vintage RI, it may not be a bad idea to look into "thin skin" model, which has thinner nitro finish than normal '52 RI (which has a nitro coating over poly finish). I think it is a special version not in the catalog.

These ones

I have a '65 that went through an extensive restoration - the previous owner ruined it completely... It has a rare "A-neck", 1 1/2" nut width, which fits my tiny hand very well. My main guitar for the rest of my life...
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolskid
hi yutaka, did we meet at scotts studio in paris? If so ... HI!....
Yes, we did! So, hi again!

Hey Kent, I have a feeling that your Jazzcaster might look really really cool with the Jazzmaster bridge+tremolo...
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Having used loads of Teles of various types for years (a '69, a '71, various G+Ls, a Thinline) the very best one is the one I have now, second on the left in the picture. Completely hollow, sounds like the perfect tele, plays like a dream.
Attached Thumbnails
i love telecasters...-guitars.jpg  
Old 2nd June 2006
another tele-lover here. check out the boutique tele's from LUK guitars: http://www.guitardoc.de/special_e.html

have had one for two years now and i'm still in love. the most direct, dynamic guitar ever.

what i find about good tele's is that they are now easy to play, but if you can master them you will get sound and dynamics that are unbelievable.

ps i have an 80's Fender (JP) tele thinline for sale if anyone's interested. it is über-funky (maple neck)!

cheers, warner
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl
I always wanted a tele. Had one back in the 70's but it was a stiff so it went. Let's see some slutty pics guys. Come on!

My 66 tele will go to the grave with me.
Attached Thumbnails
i love telecasters...-amps_and_gear_sm.jpg  
Old 2nd June 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by neve1073
i have a '67 maple neck with 6000 frets. love it. i've had it since 1982.
Mine only has 21 heh

-------

Seriously, what are 6000s? Are they big high frets?
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartMac
Having used loads of Teles of various types for years (a '69, a '71, various G+Ls, a Thinline) the very best one is the one I have now, second on the left in the picture. Completely hollow, sounds like the perfect tele, plays like a dream.
What is it (which manufacturer)?
Old 2nd June 2006

Looks like a Tom Anderson

-----------------------------------

meriphew Can you tell us a little bit more about the Telesonic? Still made? Are the p/ups Humbuckers... Alnico?
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJay
thinlines, aerodynes
the occasional mexi's
tone for days, love 'em

just thought i'd share.
I was looking to buy some of the preamps in your avatar

I guess I'll pass now

thanks
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

52 Tele reissue (Vox AC15tbx amp)
Attached Thumbnails
i love telecasters...-newtelecaster.jpg  
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJay
thinlines, aerodynes
the occasional mexi's
tone for days, love 'em

just thought i'd share.
Have you tried the tele made in Japan? They are AMAZING!!

BTW. I have tried most of the american teles. When I tried a tele made in Japan I was blown away...!

"It is generally accepted among guitar enthusiasts that the Fender Japan product is far superior to the Mexican equivalent and equal to, if not better, than Fender US guitars. And it is between a third and a half the price! That is why only a very few Fender Japan guitars are officially imported."
Source: http://freespace.virgin.net/john.blackman4/sale.htm
Old 2nd June 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

I think I would trade one of my nuts for a 70's Telecaster Deluxe. Love em.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
I think I would trade one of my nuts for a 70's Telecaster Deluxe. Love em.
They weigh a ton and they're generally poorly built (but they do have the humbuckers which is cool), not worth a nut.
Old 2nd June 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
They weigh a ton and they're generally poorly built (but they do have the humbuckers which is cool), not worth a nut.
I wish everyone thought that so I would be able to find a cheap one.

I played one a bunch times when a friend used to have one and I really liked it, but I think it is the humbuckers in there that did it for me. But I'm a drummer, what the hell do I know.
Old 2nd June 2006
500 series nutjob

big time tele fan here!
mostly the G&L ASAT's
i have several classic's and a few specials as well as some original prototypes.
my favorite sound has been a G&L ASAT Classic with a 54 tweed supper i have had for ever.
the only box's i use regularly are a carl martin comp and a delaya xl.
long live tele's
i did get a custom shop Gibson 336 a few years back, very nice but if i had it to do over it would be a custom shop tele.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search