The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AT4047 or AT4050 for Hip Hop/R&b Vocals?
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut

AT4047 or AT4050 for Hip Hop/R&b Vocals?

Just wondering which one you guys think would be better? I'm only using it for vocals, both rapping and singing an equal amount
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

I would get the 4047 for vocals in general. The 4050 works great also but is more neutral which works well for a wide variety of instruments and vocals. The 4047 may not work as well for such a wide variety but I find it better for vocals in general.
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRStudio View Post
I would get the 4047 for vocals in general. The 4050 works great also but is more neutral which works well for a wide variety of instruments and vocals. The 4047 may not work as well for such a wide variety but I find it better for vocals in general.
I'm just hoping it works well for rap and such, as I will be rapping a lot. But yeah from what I've been reading, I understand the 4047 is extremely good for male vocals
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

I own and use both daily and would pick the 4047 if I could only have one if I were only tracking vocals. I would pick the 4050 if I could only have one mic and tracking anything and everything.
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRStudio View Post
I own and use both daily and would pick the 4047 if I could only have one if I were only tracking vocals. I would pick the 4050 if I could only have one mic and tracking anything and everything.
ah so the 4050 is more versatile but the 4047 is more better suited for vocals

Well I guess that's good news lol
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

I'm not familiar with the 4050, but the 4047 is a kickass mic on the right source or voice. It has solidity and girth. Its not an airy mic. I would not say it is only a vocal mic at all. If you are looking for a woody acoustic guitar mic rather than an open and neutral mic the 4047 delivers in spades. It is also a great drum OH mic or front of kick mic - or great Bass cab mic - or acoustic bass for that matter.

Its got a transformer and it has some mojo.
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John N View Post

I'm not familiar with the 4050, but the 4047 is a kickass mic on the right source or voice. It has solidity and girth. Its not an airy mic. I would not say it is only a vocal mic at all. If you are looking for a woody acoustic guitar mic rather than an open and neutral mic the 4047 delivers in spades. It is also a great drum OH mic or front of kick mic - or great Bass cab mic - or acoustic bass for that matter.

Its got a transformer and it has some mojo.
I'm gonna learn guitar soon but not yet.. by that time I'll probably have a different mic so I'm not too worried about that. As long as it's good on vocals I think I'm happy

thanks man
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search