The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bae psu
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut
BAE 11 Space PSU

Got the BAE 11 space -unit, manual was not included!

The PSU has 2 connectors for the power cable from the unit itself. Are there different currents going on in either or why does is have 2 connectors?
Which one I connect in Finland/EU. Standard EUR power cable runs from the PSU to the wall. PSU has 3 lights. What do they indicate?

Last edited by Nevelous; 8th May 2012 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: edited after getting back home to the interweb...
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut
bump
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Addict

Got the same : Pretty sure it drives up to 2 x 11 Racks. Thus.. its the outlet for your possible second rack.

Not sure about the Diodes. ( Assume 230, 16 and 48V ? ) If unsure.. why not ask directly :

Contact Us

Outstanding company. Damn sure they will help you out just fine.

Kind regards
tom
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut
Now I found the thread about 2 BAE 11 space racks with one PSU, so I think this will power my setup ok.

This is my setup, but I did not power up tonight, because Ice Hockey World Cup Game was on but tomorrow will be the happy day :D

Just to be sure, do you think I should calculate the amps these babys want from the PSU or do you think I should be fine?

I'm pretty stoked!
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Addict

wow! that's one sick rack!
Old 8th May 2012
Very sick rack!!!

One PSU supplies power to two separate units. It's to incise you to buy another one, at least it worked for me smart BAE... very smart
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Addict

BAE 6 spacer non-rack version here. although my power supply looks exactly the same
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

The lights are +16, -16 and the yellow one is for 48V... the PSU will power 2 racks so both connectors are the same.

I will tell you what BAE warned me about is that the PSU can handle 2 racks full of BAE312A preamps but they cannot guarantee anything more than that (IE EQs, COMPS, high draw modules, etc. may be too much for the PSU) but, honestly they make great stuff so I think that might be them covering themselves against any possible issues.

I don't think you'll have any issues with the one rack off the PSU
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Addict

Nice Setup !!!

Seems you have got the 8816 and 8804 as well ? Would be curious how you Set Up for mixing. Got the same thing *thumbs up . Just looking for some DA currently to feed it with 16 Outs

Where are youn in Finnland ? I travel to Helsinki quite often ( and really enjoy it .. oh the coffee )
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search