The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sennheiser ME014 Lav mic -Advice needed
Old 8th May 2012
Here for the gear

Sennheiser ME104 Lav mic -Advice needed

Hi all,

Hope I'm in the right zone with this question etc.

I can't see an introduction area, but I would like to take this opportunity to say Hi, this being my first post.

I have been recording, video and sound for a couple of years now, all self taught so most likely picked up loads of bad habits. (more to add to the list!)

I have produced a DVD and do Utube vids, won't mention them as its not about self advertising. I use a Marantz PMD661 for my main recording device with a Rode NT4 and MKH416 for main sessions. Also use a lav mic, detailed below.

The Question?

I just purchased a Sennheiser ME104 lav mic with no cabling, I see from my searches so far I will need a cable, Sennheiser KA100S5 or such like, but would like to know if there is anything else I need, eg how to power it, what power it needs etc.

I do have an AKG B29L, (phantom power unit) which I have been using with CK55 lav mic with some OK results. Is the ME104 compatible with this?

All in all before I start spending more money or plugging it into something that will blow it up, I thought I would ask some advice first.

Cheers

Tim
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Guru

The ME 104 is the head only.

Ideally you will need one of the rt.angled cable options as this enables you to direct the mic. towards the mouth.

If you are using the mic. on a radio transmitter, you will need the cable with the correct connector for your transmitter - or get the open-ended cable and connect your own connector.

If you are using it on a cable, you will need the cable with the XLR that includes the pcb for direct phantom power.

You will also need the MZ 100 accessory kit with the clips.
Old 8th May 2012
Here for the gear

I guessed as much! The Sennheiser site leaves lots of information out, you would think they would list the extras as an additional link for that product.

I will be using it with a cable, would you happen to know the product number for the XLR/PCB?

Thanks for you time and help so far, very much appreciate it.
Old 9th May 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwuk View Post
I guessed as much! The Sennheiser site leaves lots of information out, you would think they would list the extras as an additional link for that product.

I will be using it with a cable, would you happen to know the product number for the XLR/PCB?

Thanks for you time and help so far, very much appreciate it.
The KA 100-P-B (art no. 004241) is the black rt.angled cable with XLR connector that accepts plantom power - and the KA 100-P/G (art no. 004242) is the same thing in grey.

The MZ 100 attachment kit is art no. 004226.
Old 9th May 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
The KA 100-P-B (art no. 004241) is the black rt.angled cable with XLR connector that accepts plantom power - and the KA 100-P/G (art no. 004242) is the same thing in grey.

The MZ 100 attachment kit is art no. 004226.
Thanks for that. I had found the KA 100-P-B but wasn't sure. Don't mind spending the money if its the right thing.

All the best to you.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search