The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I need help slutz, rosetta 200 or alesis hd24xr.
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

I need help slutz, rosetta 200 or alesis hd24xr.

What up my slutty people, i have a serious drama, i need help with. i currently own the rosetta 200 and track through a tascam m3700, mostly used it for the eq section and routing capability, but lately ive been so anxious to mix OTB, i have heard 2 of the same mixes , 1 ITB and 1 OTB, and while the ITB had less noise and was a lil cleaner, the OTB just had more presence, more wow factor, so i wanna get the alesishd24xr and mod it with the jim williams upgrade and start to mix out the box, i will still use my rme card to transfer files for editing and some plug in use but mix out to something like a masterlink, havent decided, the question is should i sell my rosetta and get the alesis or stick to the rosetta and buy a control surface, i really love mixing with faders. HELP A BROTHA OUT! thanks slutz!!!!!!!!!
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647
What up my slutty people, i have a serious drama, i need help with. i currently own the rosetta 200 and track through a tascam m3700, mostly used it for the eq section and routing capability, but lately ive been so anxious to mix OTB, i have heard 2 of the same mixes , 1 ITB and 1 OTB, and while the ITB had less noise and was a lil cleaner, the OTB just had more presence, more wow factor, so i wanna get the alesishd24xr and mod it with the jim williams upgrade and start to mix out the box, i will still use my rme card to transfer files for editing and some plug in use but mix out to something like a masterlink, havent decided, the question is should i sell my rosetta and get the alesis or stick to the rosetta and buy a control surface, i really love mixing with faders. HELP A BROTHA OUT! thanks slutz!!!!!!!!!
Keep them both Brotha!
You can still record input through the Rosetta, and then lightpipe into the Adat.
For your final mix, you can send the mixing board left and right main outputs to the Rosetta, and then digital in to the Masterlink.
Can you comment a bit further about the Jim Williams Adat mod?
Both bro!heh
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah i guess ya right, it would be easier to track vocals into cubase directly and do editing, i think the j williams mod replaces some caps and the opamps, i heard from other users that it takes good converters and makes them sound great, i really wanted to sell the rosetta and buy the alesis hd24xr with the money from that, but if i must slut, then i must, im just a poor respiratory therapist. Is there any alternative to this?
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647
Yeah i guess ya right, it would be easier to track vocals into cubase directly and do editing, i think the j williams mod replaces some caps and the opamps, i heard from other users that it takes good converters and makes them sound great, i really wanted to sell the rosetta and buy the alesis hd24xr with the money from that, but if i must slut, then i must, im just a poor respiratory therapist. Is there any alternative to this?
Maybe you can find a few clients to pay you for your recording services.....
or find a chick with moneyheh
Good luck Brotha!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search