The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Gefell/Neumann/Rft Info Page?
Old 7th May 2012
Gear Nut

Gefell/Neumann/Rft Info Page?

All -

I've been doing a lot of research on the older Gefell/RFT/Neumann mics, and it seems like there is a lot to research. I've bought a 692 with original power supply and one cap, and I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the mic and which other caps will work with it, who does work on it here in the States, etc. There are nickel caps, gold caps, several kinds of omnis, and I'm more than confused.

I haven't found a "Gefell/RFT Microphone page" that lists all of the permutations of everything, and I'm a little surprised, given all of the threads I've found here and elsewhere. Obviously people are interested in these mics and their history. Am I missing something? Is there a resource somewhere that tells the story and lists all of the capsules and mic bodies?
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Nut

I did find this page:

Mikrofontechnik Gefell, VEB; Gefell from Ansteckkondensatorm

Not a ton of info, but lots of pics of the different caps. Mostly in German, though.
Old 9th May 2012
Gear Guru

Good resources - thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search