A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...

Here are a few pictures of my little monster which required several days to work again...
This machine was originaly designed exclusively for the Reichs-Rundfunk-Gesellschaft (RRG) in 1942. Only 100 were made.
Some were captured right after the war, others like mine continued working at the RIAS.
The transport is nothing but a R22a, itself the broadcast version of the K4.

From left to right:
- Magnetophon HTS are received: dust, rust and more...
- Power supply chassis: leaky capacitors
- Power supply once cleaned and restored
- Main chassis as received
- Main chassis after cleaning and restoration (including re-fitting capacitor cans when possible)
- Whole HTS machine and transport after cleaning (could do a bit better)

I hope you like it !

David
Attached Thumbnails
A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...-hts_avant.jpg   A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...-alim_avant.jpg   A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...-alim_apres.jpg   A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...-chassis_avant.jpg   A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...-chassis_apres.jpg  

A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...-hts_apres_1.jpg   A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...-hts_apres_2.jpg  
Old 27th January 2015
Gear interested

Hello David,
absolutely amazing. Thanx very much for these very, very interesting pictures and information.
When I was a school boy, I found in the basement of our school in Wiesbaden/Germany a chassis of this machine. I asked my teacher if I'm allowed to take it home. He said "Yes, we don't need such old trash stuff anymore. It's yours.". So I took it home and I tried to bring to work. But I had no chance to bring it to work because there were no heads and all the tubes and condensers were gone. So I stored in our cellar - and forgot it over all the years.
After some years I asked my father, where ist that tape machine. And he answered that he had thrown it awy because he didn't know, what to do with it. :(
Through the last 10 years I searched the internet for any information about this Magentophon HTS but I can't find anything about it.
So I'm very glad to find this wonderful information about this very rare machine.
And today I'm very sad that my father throwd it away because this was a real rare tape recorder as you pointed out. Only 100 machines were built.
Maybe you have some more pictures in a better resolution? I'd be very happy if you will send me some images of your HTS - just for my personal use and just to look at it.
Thanx again
J├╝rgen
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search