Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Tascam PB664 patchbays- how to configure
Old 27th May 2006
Gear addict

Tascam PB664 patchbays- how to configure

g'day folks,
just wondering if anybody out there uses Tascam PB664 Patch bays and knows how to change them from normalled to half normalled, open etc.
I scored a bunch of them from the radio station i worked at a few years ago and I'm in the process of hooking up everything in my studio through them. I had manuals for them once upon a time but lost them long ago.
Anyone know?
Old 28th May 2006
Gear nut

Each section of 8 jacks has a separate card. You can access the card by removing the hold down screws. When you remove the card you will see a set of 8 small jumper connectors of 3 pins each. There is a silkscreen indicating that if a jumper plug is inserted it will be normal, half-normal or open. You will need the set of wires to fit the connectors to run from your top to bottom bay if you need to connect as a normal or half-normal. I still have my pb664's in use. I also have the manual. I can make you a copy. It's only a handful of pages. I can send them out to you. E-mail me at if you need them.

Old 15th November 2011
Gear interested

patch bay pb-664

would you have a few extra you would like to sell ---i have a m-600 tascam which is brand new and have never been able to use since it requires 10 pb-664 to completely set up but can be use with 7 if that is all you have---I have none at all--and could not afford to buy new ones from tascam i have had it since 92 and is still wrapped up--so if you could help me out I would like to fix it up for my son
Old 15th November 2011
Gear addict

Wow, blast from the past. This thread is from 2006. I have since sold all the patch bays sorry. Good luck in your search.
Old 8th August 2013
Gear interested

hello to all,
i just managed to get and old tascam m600 and have a little trouble on how to configure the patch bay, maybe , chuckj , if you are still in the forum and still have the manual of the pb664, it would be such great help...!
i may email you as well...
can't wait to get this console running !
thanks to all
Old 20th September 2013
Gear interested

I'm looking for parts for an m-600 - junk channel strips I can cannibilize for knobs pots etc. let me know if anyone has one of these old boards and wants to get rid of some parts.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search