The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Spanish speaking slutz
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Spanish speaking slutz

Get the new Gustavo Cerati album ¨ahi vamos¨, my favorite record since.. well the soda stereo days. It kicks some major ass.

Gustavo Cerati, from Argentina to the english speaking guys who don´t know about him.. he´s probably the greatest rock musician in the world right now. Whenever he puts something out I don´t miss the 70´s , 60´s or 80´s. He and his band are the u2 of the latin world.
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Addict

Yo hablo espanol pero no puedo escribir bien. Yo tengo cellos que trabajastes con Shakira.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax
Yo hablo espanol pero no puedo escribir bien. Yo tengo cellos que trabajastes con Shakira.

haha don´t be. I just wrapped session cables and did food runs for her in the studio. the highlight was when I tought her how to play with a yo-yo. great hard working girl. she deserves everything she´s got.
Old 26th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mrochek
haha don´t be. I just wrapped session cables and did food runs for her in the studio. the highlight was when I tought her how to play with a yo-yo. great hard working girl. she deserves everything she´s got.
Cerati also co-produced one song with Shakira in her last album. I think it was "No".
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Shakira no es la misma, sinceramente ya suena como cualquier otra popstar out there. Yo la vi en 1998 en Bogotá y me parecio bien, incluso el siguiente trabajo donde estan los ladrones fue interesante, despues del laundry service mi opinon cambió radicalmente.

Talking about great spanish records you gotta listen to Leche by a mexican band called Fobia, also Avalancha by Heroes del silencio is a great sounding record.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Viví en Ecuador cuando era un niño. Gozo el escuchar muchos artistas latinos. Shakira es la bomba. Tendré que escuchar este otro cantante.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

no hablo espanial
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hi Jose.
Did you know that Eduardo Bergallo is an Active Gearslut! http://www.eduardobergallo.com
Maybe he can tell us a bit about his work with Ceratti.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz
Cerati also co-produced one song with Shakira in her last album. I think it was "No".
Yes and also wrote the song ¨ dia especial¨.. my favorite song of that record.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin
Hi Jose.
Did you know that Eduardo Bergallo is an Active Gearslut! http://www.eduardobergallo.com
I will PM him right now!
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTheProduce
Shakira no es la misma, sinceramente ya suena como cualquier otra popstar out there. Yo la vi en 1998 en Bogotá y me parecio bien, incluso el siguiente trabajo donde estan los ladrones fue interesante, despues del laundry service mi opinon cambió radicalmente.
Yes laudry service was the record she was doing while I worked at the studio. She wanted to expand her market and that´s what she did. I don´t think she sold out. Fijacion oral # 1, is a great record. Haven´t heard #2. I still think she is a very good representation of a latin ¨real artist¨to the world though. Not many out there. Another Slut who works with her is Gustavo Celis. I´ll PM him to.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

Talking about great spanish records you gotta listen to Leche by a mexican band called Fobia, also Avalancha by Heroes del silencio is a great sounding record.
I´m not talking about sound, even though the cerati record sounds great. His songwriting, lyrics, vocals, guitars, drums, man.. whatever this guy does is magic. As to mexican bands, please fellow mexicans don´t take offense, but Argentina is to mexico what the UK is to the US : )
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I´m not talking about sound, even though the cerati record sounds great. His songwriting, lyrics, vocals, guitars, drums, man.. whatever this guy does is magic. As to mexican bands, please fellow mexicans don´t take offense, but Argentina is to mexico what the UK is to the US : )
hehe, that's hilarious.

Nonetheless, mexico has great artists. Caifanes ( now jaguares ) and la lupita are out of thisworld. From Argentina A.N.I.M.A.L, dividos and todos tus muertos are the ones that highlight their music potential for me. Soda stereo was great, I saw them in 1995 with Santana, Cerati on his own has great productions though i still preffer soda

Has any of you checked out the rock al parke festival?
All the greatest latinoamerican bands play there every year.

check it out...http://www.rockalparque.gov.co/
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Addict

do you need a special keyboard to put accents and ~'s over the letters?
Old 26th May 2006

Quote:
I did a little freelance while I was living in DF at a studio owned by Leonardo (Fobia's singer) and Chiquis (Fobia's ex-drummer), great band.

Mexico has a lot of great bands and artists like Cafe Tacuba, La Maldita Vecindad, Fobia, Caifanes, Maná and a whole lot others that are not mainstream (specially outside of Mexico) like Cuca which is a great rock band, which has in my opinion the best rock guitar player in Mexico.
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Nut

wtf

Quote:
which is?
Old 26th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax
do you need a special keyboard to put accents and ~'s over the letters?
I don't know if everybody does but yeah, my keyboard has an "Ñ" key.
Old 26th May 2006

Quote:
As to mexican bands, please fellow mexicans don´t take offense, but Argentina is to mexico what the UK is to the US : )
None taken jejeje, no te preocupes.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul mckenna
which is?
I´m a UK fanatic. My favorite bands come from there. To me personaly the vibe coming from there on records is on another league as to the US counterparts. It probably has to do with the weather and culture. Theres no way on earth a band like Pink Floyd could have come from the US, it just doesn´t happen.

Now as to Mexico and Argentina, two different cultures alltogether. Walk the streets of Buenos Aires and walk the streets of Mexico City, and it´s 2 different worlds. Obviuosly the rock scene will be different. I personaly prefer the Buenos Aires vibe, and it´s no surprise the best rock band in latin history was born there ¨Soda Stereo¨, who´s front man is Cerati of who I talked about in this thread. They could easily be one of the best bands in the world, including the US, UK, or whatever. Great stuff always came from Mexico, but the vibe is different. It´s a bit more plastic like the US : )
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
... I personaly prefer the Buenos Aires vibe, and it´s no surprise the best rock band in latin history was born there ¨Soda Stereo¨, who´s front man is Cerati of who I talked about in this thread. They could easily be one of the best bands in the world, including the US, UK, or whatever. Great stuff always came from Mexico, but the vibe is different. It´s a bit more plastic like the US : )
Hi Jose. IMHO I would'nt go as far as calling soda "the best Rock band in latin History"...to me, safe some specific songs, they are a pop band!? Like Oroz said, there's a lot in the underground that F%^%$#ing Rocks!
By the way, I got to play with Cuca in Guadalajara once... lots of fun......Rock on!
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Jose. IMHO I would'nt go as far as calling soda "the best Rock band in latin History"...to me, safe some specific songs, they are a pop band!? Like Oroz said, there's a lot in the underground that F%^%$#ing Rocks!
By the way, I got to play with Cuca in Guadalajara once... lots of fun......Rock on!
I don´t know about underground. Grab the new cerati album, you won´t regret it. Actually even if some people don´t speak spanish, buy it. It´s refreshing when mainstream puts out something so good these days.
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Yeah that's true, when soda came out they were the pop thing in Argentina. Divididos ( produced by santaolalla) was another great band that only got played mainly just in Argentina, and they do sound authentic.

Cuca rocks.....Senora cara de pizza is great
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Guru

¿quienes mas macho, pitbull o daddy yankee?
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
¿quienes mas macho, pitbull o daddy yankee?
we are talking about real music : ) reageton is an embarrasment to us.
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

hey jose, tu trabajastes con enrique lareal y juan andres camarano durante el album de shakira por casualidad? en el estudio de gustavo celis

y del tema: debo ser el unico latinoamericano q no le gusta gustavo cerati. ni soda stereo. pero bueno entre gustos y colores....
me gustaba mas los rodriguez. y rock mas underground argentino como 2Minutos animal y attaque 77. y por supuesto fabulosos cadillacs. y los pericos pero esos son mas "mainstream" .

de mexico me encantaba cafe tacuba. caifanes. y otros q no me acuerdo ya q tienen demasiados. ahh... malidita vencidad.
Old 27th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers
y del tema: debo ser el unico latinoamericano q no le gusta gustavo cerati. ni soda stereo. pero bueno entre gustos y colores....
me gustaba mas los rodriguez. y rock mas underground argentino como 2Minutos animal y attaque 77. y por supuesto fabulosos cadillacs. y los pericos pero esos son mas "mainstream" .

de mexico me encantaba cafe tacuba. caifanes. y otros q no me acuerdo ya q tienen demasiados. ahh... malidita vencidad.
De hecho yo tampoco soy muy fan de Soda Stereo, se que son un gran grupo pero personalmente no es de mis grupos favoritos aunque si respeto mucho su trayectoria. De la pocas cosas que Soda Stereo ha hecho que me ha "atrapado" fue su "Unplugged" Electrico de MTV.
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers
hey jose, tu trabajastes con enrique lareal y juan andres camarano durante el album de shakira por casualidad? en el estudio de gustavo celis

I´ll answer in english not to piss of our moderators : )

I remember Gustavo coming in from time to time, but no I didn´t work at his place. Laudry service, alot was done at Emlio Estefan´s place. Thats where I used to work at. I didn´t actually work ¨with her¨, I got her dinner many times though and like I said tought her how to play with a yo-yo : )

About you not liking Cerati, you are weird. hahahaha kidding. your not the first, but one of the few hahaha
Old 27th May 2006
byk
Gear Maniac
Parece que hay mucha gente que habla Español por aquí...

Old 28th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi Jose.
Hola Slutzes, Jose, me escribió. Y aca estoy para responder inquietudes.
Cerati es un grande, sin lugar a dudas.
Gran compositor (es autor del 90% de los hits de Soda y obviamente de sus discos solistas),
Gran guitarrista (de verdad, es de esos tipos que te quedas mirando y disfrutando mientras lo grabas) Tiene una mano derechas que hace que el sonido de su guitarra sale como ya comprimido, lo cual es muy curioso, ya que no es una cuestion de darle fuerte a las cuerdas, sino que maneja la envolvente de una manera muy particular), tiene un oido muy musical y no le importa hacer lo que sea para llegar al objetivo imaginado.
Gran cantante (no usa Auto-tune ni siquiera hoy dia), lo cual se puede comprobar en vivo (no muchos pueden sostener la interpretacion vocal del CD, en vivo)
Gran frontman (no es muy bueno hablando en publico, pero sus shows son divertidos anyway)
Gran tecnófilo (desde sus comienzos es amigo y usuario de la tecnologia: comenzo con sus delays del TC2290, los eq TC programables via midi que cambiaban de programa para cada tema, Linn drums, todas las Akai Linn MPC que salieron, paso por Digital Performer, despues Cubase y finalmente se quedo con el Live y el Pro tools como herramientas principales de composicion. Hoy en dia tiene todo su show sequenciado desde una Akai MPC4000 desde donde dispara alguna sequencia o coro que en vivo no pueden hacer porque son coros propios pero fundamentalmente manda midiclock y PGM Change a todas las pedaleras y teclados.
Estuve en un ensayo antes de ayer y el show es muy recomendable. La banda suena super bien (con Richard Coleman en guitarra tambien) y obviemente hacen un par de temas de soda.
Saludos
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Wow! Hola Eduardo! Muchas gracias por compartir stike
Ceratti sin duda es uno de los mas grandes e inspiracion para las masas entre las que incluyo my humble self. Asi mismo lo es tu trabajo y se agradece de corazon toda la buena musica que heas llevado hasta nuestros oidos!

Cual es el microfono, preamplificador, compressor preferido por ambos para la voz de Ceratti?
Como (basicamente) usas compresion...grabacion? Mezcla? Masterizacion?
Tienes preferencia ente masterizar y hacer ingenieria?
Hay estilos de musica en los que prefieres trabajar?
Cual es tu banda preferida?.....heh no tienes que responder todo heh
Muchas gracias una vez mas......Joaquin.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search