The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What can I do to EQ out these drums (sample inside)
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Maniac

What can I do to EQ out these drums (sample inside)

I'm using a sample and the drums are very heavy in it, I'd like for them to be as unnoticable as possible because I'm going to lay my own drum track over the sample. I realize that eliminating the drums completely is impossible but could someone take a look and tell me what freq I need to cut to send them to the background.... or if someone could tell me some general rules for eq'ing out drums that would be helpful as well

Thanx in advance

Peace and Love
Attached Files

Loop 1.wav (1.26 MB, 1109 views)

Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

my audio card is burnt on this computer but..

sweep an eq and find the kick drum in the mix gank eq about 12-24 db then sidechain into a gate used in DUCK mode ..do the same with the snare..not really a fix but it might help a little..or of course you can use the bogus "out of phase" approach and drop out the center of the song [where the kick and snare generally reside..but umm so do the leads and bass usually too]

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search