The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rackmount USB Hub? 16+ Ports? Modular Synthesizers
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

16-Port Industrial USB 2.0 Powered Hub (Rackmount) --- $ 389.99

Industrial USB Hub with 16 Ports feature a rugged metal enclosure with Built In Power Adapter (UL and FCC Aproved).
Compliant with USB specification revision 2.0 USBG-16U1 also complies with USB-IF battery charging specification rev1.1,
which can support fast charging function, allowing portable device can draw up to 1.5A per port. (great for Fast Charging
USB phones and Apple Ipad, ETC.) CDP, charging downstream port, the Battery Charging Rev.1.1-compliant USB port that
does data communication and charges device up to 1.5A. With its 16 ports, you can charge and sync up to 16 iPads
simultaneously, without the need for multiple wall sockets, hubs or cable issues. Operating temperature is: 0-70 degrees C

Industrial 16-Port USB 2.0 Rack Mount Hub with Built-in Power Supply 1.5A Charging per port USBG-16U1 $389.99
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

A little more $$$ than I initially spec'd but damn, that does the job.

Now what I really want is a Thunderbolt hub for when devices there come out.
Old 8th October 2011
Here for the gear

Wow, the last two posted are exactly what I think everyone's looking for...don't know if I'm in the mood to drop ~$400 on something like that though...
Old 7th November 2011
Here for the gear

I just bought the 14 port version. I liked the front access, even though the other unit had 16 ports, and a sleeker look.

Yes, they are hideously expensive, but I have been looking so long for something like this, that I couldn't resist.

Now guys, how about a rackmount, multiport cable TV splitter and/or amplifier?
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear

Yep, one more vote for a USB/FW hub!
10/6 would be great.
Just a box will do!
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear

FH600 - 6-Port FireWire HUB & Amazon.com: Satechi 12 Port USB Hub with Power Adapter & 2 Control Switches: Electronics will do the job for me. I's sign up for a combi 19" solution but that should not last long :-)
Old 14th November 2012
Old 2nd September 2013
Gear Addict

I know this is a very old thread but :

Are there currently nice USB 3 Hubs which are actually rack mountable ?

cheers
tom
Old 10th June 2014
Here for the gear

This thread has been necroed so many times, but what a gaping hole in our kits! Personallly, i keep adding on usb midi devices. The number of ports i need only ever goes up. The Dlink staples store junk ive bean leaning heavily on now needs to be replugged very often to reconnect.

Where is the resonable priced heavy duty usb hub just for musicians? It is either sub $50 crap or 400+ industrial grade overkill. The music shops of the world are so full of audiomidi devices connecting and powering from USB. Ask the same music shop for a usb hub, and they direct you to walmerde or staples. Whats up with that? There should be stageworthy usb hubs right beside the midi interfaces.

USB is the new midiport. You can buy a huge rackmount midi interface, but where is the USB hub to sit beside it?
Old 26th September 2014
Here for the gear

i'll build this if anybody still wants it
Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjt263 View Post
i'll build this if anybody still wants it
I think if it was the right price, most of us would want one
Old 14th April 2015
Rackmount Data-port i/O product is Still Needed

Things are ever changing yet I cannot believe that one music/pro audio or related fields (video guys & gals??) have yet to build modular rack mountable hubs, bays, routers -- whatever for non-audio signals that we use day in/day out.

The number of media content creators and engineers, computer tech/IT guys and even "casual" geeks can easily need to connect 6 or more USB 2/3 devices to their laptops or desk tops. Everything from printers to high-end A/D and D/A converters share USB ports of various flavors.

Why doesn't someone like Middle Atlantic, Switchcraft, or even Avid, Radial or Sweetwater make some 19" rackmount power supply box, sort of like the 500 series "lunchbox" concept with 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports built in and then slots for various modules for different data I/O ports, routers, hubs, etc. For example, you could have one module for say video editors -- HDMI, Thunderbolt, Fiberwire, Firevire, one for computer techs who need legacy ports, like SCSI, VGA, etc., audio pros, media home entertainment, etc.

Broad-level demand is there. The "basic" rack itself should not be more than $100, tops and then the modules could go for $15 (say 6 more USB ports) to hundreds of dollars for the more esoteric or niche I/O's.
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Head

I found this today... and am going to bounce this thread to the top (Sorry). I was searching for quite some time. Has anyone used one? It's reasonably priced at $159.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Port-USB-3-1-...+rackmount+hub
Old 7th January 2019
Lives for gear

Wow- that is an excellent find.
I'm going to order one now.
Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear
This does look great and uses newer USB ports. It’s a shame all the ports are front facing as I would rather have all the ports were on the back so it leaves a cleaner look. However I think if you pair it with a brush rack then you could have the cables neatly coming through the brush rack and into the usb rack

1U Brush Strip Horizontal Server Rack Cable Management Panel | FS United Kingdom
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Shaw View Post
This does look great and uses newer USB ports. It’s a shame all the ports are front facing as I would rather have all the ports were on the back so it leaves a cleaner look. However I think if you pair it with a brush rack then you could have the cables neatly coming through the brush rack and into the usb rack

1U Brush Strip Horizontal Server Rack Cable Management Panel | FS United Kingdom
I use a brush panel with my ethernet switches (I run a Dante network) and it works fine.

I don't want to have to hunt around in the back of the rack just to plug in an iLok.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search