The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
sE2200a Mic Problem
Old 11th April 2012
Deleted User
sE2200a Mic Problem

Hi all, I have the se2200a and up to now, it's been a great mic, I only bought it in December or last year (2011) and recorded with it and done nothing else but take good good care of it, being a very sensitive and delicate piece of equipment. However, going to record some new vocals for a project, I can't seem to get it to pick up or send out any signal. I plug it into an Art valve pre amp which I have always used with the 48+ phantom power on and I don't get any movement on the VU meter anymore. I tried plugging the XLR into the other pre amp I had and then plugging my bass in and it picks the sound up there easily no problems at all. I'm assuming its the mic itself or would I be wrong in thinking that. Every now and then when I move the XLR cable, it crackles, so it's 50/50 either way, mic or cable. Both my pre amps work and I have tried the mic in both, so I am ruling the preamps out leaving the problem lying with the mic or the cable. Any suggestions?
Old 11th April 2012
Gear addict

do you have another cable?

Sent from my SC-02B using Gearslutz App
Old 11th April 2012
Deleted User
I don't sadly
Old 11th April 2012
Gear addict

you should eliminate the cable first, get another or borrow one if you know someone. it's worth having a few spares anyway.

Sent from my SC-02B using Gearslutz App
Old 11th April 2012
Deleted User
I don't really know very many people to borrow from apart from the college I go to, but they are very strict with things like that. I guess I'll have to buy a new XLR, actually a few and see what happens. If it is the mic, perhaps take it to the shop for a check out, but I REALLY cannot afford to waste time when I have work to be doing for projects.
Old 11th April 2012
Lives for gear

Try flipping the pad and low cut filter on and then off again. Usually works a treat.
Old 11th April 2012
Deleted User
How do you mean flipping the pad? and I've already tried the low cut filter and still nothing.
Old 11th April 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingelsedan View Post
How do you mean flipping the pad? and I've already tried the low cut filter and still nothing.
somethingelsedan-
Try and get another cable [borrow one/buy one], and see if that is the problem, otherwise your mic is still under warranty and will be replaced under sE's great 'no hassle' three year warranty. You get a new mic and a new three year warranty! Where are you located?

best-

Jonathan
Old 11th April 2012
Deleted User
I suppose I have no other option, thanks everyone for your help, and I am based in the north of England, I'm glad I stashed my warranty card and recipt at the bottom of my box so I don't throw it out!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search