The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording Country music, the old way Condenser Microphones
Old 8th April 2012
Gear Head

Recording Country music, the old way

Hello.

Lately we´ve improved our studio, and are gonna record or first album, wich got a lot of country style in it (an a of bit rock and a ballad!)

The main question is getting the right guitar sound from the Telecaster and Twin reverb, are u guys using 1 or 2 mics? How do u place the mic? I can choose between the old sm57, MD421, some large diaphram mics and a rode k2
And there´s no neve, api and that stuff yet.... Just a Alto Esotar preamp, wich indeed are clean and nice!

AND YES: The room are as good treatet as possible, it aint big but its allright.

Also its about getting that "old" tone (ofc, not so easy in this digitally world) but maybe some of u guys got a tips.
Old 8th April 2012
Gear Guru

I'm not a Nashville guy but over the last 15 years or so I've produced a fair amount of music there for ads and such. Sort of a standard guitar setup there seems to be Tele > Deluxe Reverb > 421. Twins are really loud and clean -- steel players use them in the studio, but guitarists not so much.
Old 8th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I'm not a Nashville guy but over the last 15 years or so I've produced a fair amount of music there for ads and such. Sort of a standard guitar setup there seems to be Tele > Deluxe Reverb > 421. Twins are really loud and clean -- steel players use them in the studio, but guitarists not so much.
Agreed. 421 will give you that clean, middy tone without too much edge, often heard classic country sound.
Old 8th April 2012
Gear Head

Thanks alot guys. Will try it first time in the morning!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search