The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any older songs out there that you wish would be remastered, remixed, redone...
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Any older songs out there that you wish would be remastered, remixed, redone...

I love "Whipping Post" by the Allman Brothers but for some reason I can't help but wish there was more clarity in the mix. I just wish it could be recorded today with some of the gear available to us now. Of course I don't even know if that would make a difference because I'm sure its more about who's behind the board

BUT even though I don't know who mixed this record I'm sure he (or she) was very good for their time (and still very good today). So no disrespect intended

Please don't bash me for this because I know that some of you probably love this song for the same reason that I wish it could be remastered, but I'm sure there are some older songs that you'd like to hear remastered or remixed... if you've got some post em'

edit: When I say post em' I mean post about them... wasn't sure if that was clear or not
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I wish someone would take all the Mick Taylor era Stones and remaster them.

Also, a good job on all the Beatles would be nice. They've been reworked so many times and always sound terrible.

The Replacements catalog from TwinTone would be a great candidate too.

m
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Chicago : "Never Been In Love Before" - Great song, sub-par mix/master

Compare that to "Brand New Love Affair" which is gorgeous.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetatkinsdiet
I wish someone would take all the Mick Taylor era Stones and remaster them.

Ack! Sacrilege!!!

How about a compromise? Leave Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street exactly the way they are. Please. In return, you can not only remaster It's Only Rock'n'Roll, you can remix, re-record, and re-write it.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

Crosstown traffic - Jimi Hendrix

I LOVE this song but it's not a great mix IMO. Creative mix but the levels are a bit off (Some people are gonna hate me for saying this )
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

i'd like to remaster and remix most of the roxy music albums. I love their songs and their arrangements, but their sound has something weirdly flat and dead to it i find...
/wtk
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Changes by Black Sabbath....
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetatkinsdiet
Also, a good job on all the Beatles would be nice. They've been reworked so many times and always sound terrible.
I really enjoyed "Let it Be... Naked"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search