The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The fight for a job!
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

The fight for a job!

I just want to tell all you guys that are currently looking for a job, keep looking! Never give up! When you encounter those moments when everything is dark, then think: "Ok, this is not what I had expected, so how can I take advantage of this?" You know, it's not about you, God is with you. And where can you find him? In your heart and mind, not in everything around you. I strongly believe in that after all the crazy things I've gone through during my quest for a new job. There's a lot of evil out there, I've experienced a lot of crap... I got laid off at a company that was evil. I earned well but people got bad diseases in that environment, I myself got a disease that is not curable, thank God it's not deadly (my closest friend there got a deadly disease)... What I've learned is that it's important to think twice before you take a loss for what it is. Sometimes those losses are necessary to reach something better. Even my parents didn't have the same wishes that God had this time, that's how much you really need to listen to your heart to be able to live his plan with your life.

I've been travelling like a mad man to different countries over the last half+ year for job interviews. Today was my payoff day. And WHAT-A-PAYOFF! I can't believe it's true, but today it is! Strangely enough an old Christian friend recently phoned me, he has lived in the same city in the same country that I'll be moving to and wants to fix friends for me over there. I think you get the point...

Please PM me if you are currently looking for a job and need help with it. I feel I have so much positive energy in me today and I'm sure this guidance is enough for you to take part in as well...
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

congratulations!

get me a job in dublin, ireland if you can!

regards,

richie.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrichie
congratulations!

get me a job in dublin, ireland if you can!

regards,

richie.
Thanks! I'll PM you...
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

thumbsup Congratulations RainbowStorm
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Great stuff RainbowStorm

I went through a long period of un and under-employment and it was a living hell. Sometimes I would take a nap in the early afternoon and then get jolted up out of bed as if I was waking up FROM a nightmare that I had no job and no love in this world only to realize that actually, I woke up INTO the life that is my nightmare.

Everything happens for a reason (though sometimes we may never know exactly why). Everything is a necessary learning experience and stepping stone to greater things.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I went through a very rough time about a year and a half ago when my studio was hit by toxic mold. The original contractors hit a water pipe with a nail gun and a "slow leak" resulted in the mold. Long story short: the studio had to be gutted, I was very sick for a long time, the "mold remediators" screwed me over for more money than I'd care to admit...the studio was closed for almost 10 months...but, like RainbowStorm said, "Sometimes those losses are necessary to reach something better."

Now, the studio is back open and doing better than ever. My old customers waited for the studio to reopen and didn't go somewhere else...goes to show how much of a "service" business this recording studio business is and is not about how much gear you have...did me, a gearslut, say that! heh

Peace
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear
dude toxic mold is the pits!! good thing you got that crap out of there... where you having nosebleeds and stuff? headaches? always stuffed up? decreased sex drive? just be thankful is gone... I had to threaten to sue my landlord to be let out of a house like that that they didn't want to do anything about. we just moved, and sent THEM an eviction notice. Had the "remediators" come and write a detailed report on exactly what was in there...dangerous stuff...we included the report in our eviction notice and referenced some large court decisions based on those types of molds... never heard a word back.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

stellar,

Most of my mold symptoms were repertory...shortness of breath - I needed an inhailer for the first time in my life, felt like I had a head cold/stuffed up for 3 months...not fun stuff.

I'm very thankful it's finally over with!
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Congrats Rainbowstorm, whish you the best!

i´m 27 years old im searching for an internship in a studio in germany!
Would be great! thumbsup
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedohr
thumbsup Congratulations RainbowStorm
Thanks sedohr!
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
Great stuff RainbowStorm

I went through a long period of un and under-employment and it was a living hell. Sometimes I would take a nap in the early afternoon and then get jolted up out of bed as if I was waking up FROM a nightmare that I had no job and no love in this world only to realize that actually, I woke up INTO the life that is my nightmare.

Everything happens for a reason (though sometimes we may never know exactly why). Everything is a necessary learning experience and stepping stone to greater things.
Thanks Kestral! During my time of being laid off I've stayed extremely cool, because I've realised I might become unemployed X times in the future, I have better start realise this is just a strategic moment that I can use in a positive way. So I am a better recording engineer today.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_sibs
I went through a very rough time about a year and a half ago when my studio was hit by toxic mold. The original contractors hit a water pipe with a nail gun and a "slow leak" resulted in the mold. Long story short: the studio had to be gutted, I was very sick for a long time, the "mold remediators" screwed me over for more money than I'd care to admit...the studio was closed for almost 10 months...but, like RainbowStorm said, "Sometimes those losses are necessary to reach something better."

Now, the studio is back open and doing better than ever. My old customers waited for the studio to reopen and didn't go somewhere else...goes to show how much of a "service" business this recording studio business is and is not about how much gear you have...did me, a gearslut, say that! heh

Peace
I'm glad that things are going well for you! That toxic mold must have been really frustrating, it's not exactly what you think of when you try to do successful business...
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafze
Congrats Rainbowstorm, whish you the best!

i´m 27 years old im searching for an internship in a studio in germany!
Would be great! thumbsup
Thanks!! I hope you'll find your dream job! I have a recommendation for you, set a deadline on each phase in the strategy...! In that way you can minimize the amount of resources you spend on a certain job searching approach that doesn't work.

Good luck!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search