The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digi 192 I/O can't find interface? Dynamic Microphones
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Digi 192 I/O can't find interface?

I already did a search BTW! So, the 192 passes digitest fine, and all of my other boxes connect to Protools HD fine. I've tried the cables, even rebooting, and switching out the cards. Nothing, can't get it to connnect. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Nobody?
Old 2nd April 2012
Gear nut

It's been happening to my 192 for a while now. Same thing passes digitest and all cables are connected properly. I just turn it off and then back on and it always sync's right up. I noticed it started happening on occasion when I upgraded to protools 8 hd.
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

My 96 does this. It appears that I need to leave the 96 on for about 5-10 minutes before I launch PTHD. Odd? Yes, annoying.... hell yes!
Old 2nd April 2012
Gear nut

I forgot to mention I once threw a used ad card in my 192 that I bought from someone and my 192 just stopped working. Turned out I had to update the firmware in the ad card. After I did that it was fine and back to normal
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

I did an update it says it's up to date is there anything else I can do? I tried a different set of cards and still the same
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Try only connecting the 192 in question to the core card. Do not connect any other interfaces and see if PT sees it.
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
Try only connecting the 192 in question to the core card. Do not connect any other interfaces and see if PT sees it.
Hi, that is what I am doing. Loaded digitest and it sees it fine. Had it powered on for at least 30 min before I tried to start PTHD.......still won't connect. Card configuration is correct. Software is up to date. Checked all connections and flex cables.......FRUSTRATED!!!! ugghhh
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonslave View Post
Hi, that is what I am doing. Loaded digitest and it sees it fine. Had it powered on for at least 30 min before I tried to start PTHD.......still won't connect. Card configuration is correct. Software is up to date. Checked all connections and flex cables.......FRUSTRATED!!!! ugghhh
In your first post you say you have other 'boxes' hooked up to the 192. What are these boxes and how are they hooked up?
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Hi they are all 192s and work fine. I disconnected them to try and figure this out. The faulty 192 is DIRECTLY connected to the core card. I tries swapping cards inside the unit with known working unit, and digilink cables to no avail! Arghhh
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Any extra added analog I/o cards in the faulty one? Maybe try to remove any if you have them. Otherwise sounds like the 192 is taking a trip to cali!
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Fin read the posts
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Doh! Looks like I missed that.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone else?
Old 13th April 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone else
Old 26th April 2012
Lives for gear

Somehow the analog cables got reversed! DOH!
Old 27th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonslave View Post
Somehow the analog cables got reversed! DOH!
Lol! At least you didnt have to send it in!
Old 29th April 2012
Lives for gear

No but was too busy to screw with it! Had a dear friend and authorized DIGI repair guy handle it! ********!
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search