The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I wasn't able to go to AES, but id somthing COOLER!!!
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Maniac

I wasn't able to go to AES, but id somthing COOLER!!!

OK, I heard that the Slutz had a booth near my friend’s a Manley Labs… and I wish Hutch had still been back here in the US on Friday, because could’ve hung out with Stav and myself in Los Angeles!

I was actually introduced to this book by Hutch from Manley Labs, and once again Hutch has hit me with advice that’s changed my engineering forever!

Most of you guys have heard of the ‘ Mixing With Your Mind ‘ book by Mike Stavrou. If you haven’t heard of it, you’ve got to buy it! It’s a totally independent release self published and as far as I know, available only direct from the web site MixingWithYourMind.com or from a very few magazine published ads.

The thing about this book is it’s specific counter-intuitive instruction techniques and all the concepts. For a newer hobby engineer like myself it’s a damn GOLD MINE packed with all sorts of stuff a lot of ‘pro’ engineers don’t know, or are unwilling to tell you!!! As many people have found out when buying a book on recording… they often end up with a book of concept and gear ‘definitions’, but no recording techniques. Not so with MWYM.

Here are just a few credits for Mike Stavrou… Mixer : Pretenders - ' Brass in Pocket ' song, engineer : Paul McCartney - ' Tug of War ' record, engineer : Cat Stevens - ' Back to Earth ' record, engineer : Art Garfunkle - ' Fate For Breakfast ' record, he’s also worked with Elton John - ' Jump Up ' record, Little Feet, and ton’s of movie and TV works!

Stav is also a super cool guy and I had a chance to hang out with him here in LA and grab some lunch and my favorite SECRET / ROCK STAR MEXICAN food place. Check out the pic!!!

- ALLEN WRENCH –
international superstar

Old 21st May 2006
Hutch was here! (he just saw it and says thanks)
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Maniac

Cool Jules, thanks for showing him.
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Maniac

Oh man, a spelling mistake in your title ALWAYS makes you look good! tutt

In my thread title... 'id' is supposed to be did

Yep, I'm an idiot! fuuck

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search