The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eurovision song contest sucked this time Equalisers (HW)
Old 15th May 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Heat View Post
None of those songs would fly in the US.
Yeah not only those but any song..Unless the singers are black, sing about women,money,cars and spit out lots of f word...Great US culture
Old 15th May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Heat View Post
None of those songs would fly in the US.
I think the Russian song/act is definately marketable in the US, but they are at least singing in English. Check it out....

YouTube - Serebro - Song #1 (live) Russian Eurovision Entry 2007

But of course, the only thing thats gonna make a Moldovan pop song famous in the US is if a kid films himself miming to it with his web-cam and posts it on Youtube (I'm talking about the Numa Numa kid of course).

I can't remember a Eurovision song that I've liked; but they're not trying to appeal to my taste and I guess most entries are not trying to appeal to American 'mainstream' taste either; and why should they?
Old 15th May 2007
Lives for gear

This contest is bad. But if you can put yourself in a very open minded eurovision state of mind then it can be fun. And you can learn something from every thing. If not "how to do it" then at least " how not to".
I felt that this year was a bit better then last year. The russian song was ok, (the studio version), the french song was nice, the swedish song was fine but I wish I could recall from where it was stolen, the macedonian song was original, in 7/8, that was refreshing, and some others as well.

Kalli
Old 15th May 2007
Lives for gear

Born in one of the ancient EU countries, and having studied for some years in some of the others, I'm a happy and proud european citizen...

..except when this kitsch and utterly embarrasing *music* contest takes place.

that day i pretend to be a fish in a human dress.
Old 15th May 2007
Here for the gear

The result was a nice welcome to Serbia by European countries..After acquitting Serbia from Bosnia massacre they needed to give a sign to show that all EU countries are ready to accept Serbia among them..fuuck
Old 15th May 2007
Gear Head

the ukranian artists were hilarious! it was worth all the ****e to see them.
Old 20th May 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMAS View Post
what a load of crap - especially the winner. [/url]
At least, it wasn't a BAD cliché like UK's entry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obolewis View Post
the ukranian artists were hilarious! it was worth all the ****e to see them.
And that's what music should be, hilarious to see? The wining singer said something like

"I thought that music is to be heard and not to be seen"

I tend to agree.

RM
Old 20th May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroMan View Post
At least, it wasn't a BAD cliché like UK's entry.
Agreed. It was the undisputed worst of the night.

We actually had some good contestants: Justin Hawkins - former frontman of glam rock band The Darkness, former East 17 star Brian Harvey, ex-Atomic Kitten Liz McClarnon, and hip-hop group Big Brovaz. Scooch were the outsiders in the race.
Old 20th May 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Agreed. It was the undisputed worst of the night.
It's noon and you're already drunk?
Quote:
We actually had some good contestants: ...
We also had Cliff Richard, Sandy Show..., but I guess that you're just too young to remember, or you think that they are not worth mentioning, since they are not up to Ukraine's standard.

RM
Old 20th May 2007
No, you mis-understood. The contestants I listed were competing to be THIS year's UK entrance, but somehow we voted for Scooch to represent us.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about best ever Eurovision - I don't even like the thing.
Old 20th May 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
I don't even like the thing.
We agree on one thing, at least.

RM

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search