The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Emtec news!!!
Old 22nd September 2003
One with big hooves

Emtec news!!!

I found this in my email a few days after posting on rec.audio.pro about how I can't get my hands on SM900.

Good Morning,

While running a google search regarding EMTEC I noticed you had a number of posting. So I thought that I should bring you up to date.

I am part of a group of former EMTEC managers who are now distributing EMTEC Professional Products here in the states. We started working with EMTEC in Germany after the announcement that EMTEC-U.S. was closing down.

I have made two trips to Germany in the last six weeks and I can assure you that both of plants are still producing tape. Munich where analog audio tape is made and Willstatt is where video and digital products such as Betacam SP, Digital Betacam ADAT and DTRS are produced.

To date we have received two shipments of tape from Germany and expect a third shipment to arrive on October 22nd. The start up process has taken a little longer than we expected, however we are now starting to get product back into the normal distribution channels that you have used in the past. We feel that normal inventory levels will be back in place by November on
all of the analog audio products and most of the digital products as well.

EMTEC in Germany is still operating under what we would call Chapter 11 re-organization. This should be resolved in the next couple of months.

If I can answer any other questions, please let me know. My contact information is listed below.

Regards,

Don Morris
Director of Sales
Inner Circle Marketing Group
PO Box 340
New Buffalo, Mi. 49117

Phone 269-469-2463
Fax 269-469-5411
Old 7th October 2003
Gear Nut

This is very good news!
Old 9th October 2003
I just found a place on the web, I got their last 8 reels of 1/4" Emtec 900. there has to be a few places out there with this stuff in stock.

Old 10th October 2003
Gear Maniac

Is there a string demand for Emtec tapes in the US ?

As they are supposed to still manufacture them, I am pretty sure I can find a place here in germany to get them from - let me know.
Old 14th October 2003
One with big hooves

Lot's of people use Emtec stuff. Having one tape company isn't a good thing.
Old 27th October 2003
Lives for gear

I thought for sure that company was done.
Old 27th October 2003
Gear Addict

A while ago, I had heard that the bank that is handling EMTEC's insolvency allowed them to continue with the magnetic media/tape manufacturing part of their business. I believe (could well be wrong) that this was said to be the only part of their existing business that was actually turning a profit. As such, it was left to continue doing just that; undisturbed for the most part.thumbsup
Old 4th November 2003
Gear Addict

I actually just spoke to Don Morris on Friday 10/31/03. I wanted to order 2 reels of 2" and was told that it wouldn't be a problem. EMTEC is going through a reorganization but they are still cranking out the tape. I second Jays thought that one company producing tape is not a good thing.
Old 6th January 2004
One with big hooves

Ok. It's now 2004. Can you get Emtech tape? Any problems? I'd love to hear about it. I just biased the JH-24 with SM900 for and damn...it was sweet.
Old 6th January 2004
Gear Addict

Yes you can,as I have just recently done two projects on the 900 and someone else I am in comntact with is currently doing a project as well. My last batch I ordered was from The Tape Company,which is located in Elmhurst Il. The # is (630) 834-3113.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search