The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mixer on the side?
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Mixer on the side?

Hi, people!

How do you place your console and your computer monitors?

I'm curious because I've not found any really good solution! If I place the monitors in front of the mixer they get to far away and to high. If I place them on the side I'll have to turn my head when adjusting something and it makes it hard to hear small adjustments. The same goes if I place the mixer on the side.

Is everybody confortable with their placement of their mixer vs computer screens? What works best for you? Maby someone has the perfect working space?

Thoughts?

/Cojo
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojo
Hi, people!

How do you place your console and your computer monitors?

I'm curious because I've not found any really good solution! If I place the monitors in front of the mixer they get to far away and to high. If I place them on the side I'll have to turn my head when adjusting something and it makes it hard to hear small adjustments. The same goes if I place the mixer on the side.

Is everybody confortable with their placement of their mixer vs computer screens? What works best for you? Maby someone has the perfect working space?

Thoughts?

/Cojo
I have everything lined up in front of me in one direction, just so that I never have to move myself when I'm mixing. I have my main keyboard in front of the 21" screen and the mixer to the right of the screen in front of the keyboard. That works perfectly for me. I have a 16 channel analog mixer that I use for monitoring purposes. I'm mixing inside the DAW. The computer keyboard and mouse is under the synth. I prefer to have my monitors as far away from me as possible, because I think it's bad for the ears to have them too close. This is by far my best setup so far. Before this setup I had my main keyboard on the left side and that was really uncomfortable. If you need to record many synths, use a MIDI interface and record on the main keyboard in front of the DAW whenever you need to record other synths/samplers. If you are using two or three monitors (which is a good thing), then you might have to mount these in such a way that they are laying in the air above your mixer. You need a special kind of desk for that, but I strongly recommend that you care about such a convenient solution. If it's low to the ceiling you can maybe mount it in the ceiling, I'm not sure if it would look that nice though, hehe...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search