The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Damn , I need sturdy powerful , loud cue headphones! suggestions?
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Damn , I need sturdy powerful , loud cue headphones! suggestions?

Don't laugh, I bought a batch of 22 Sennheiser HD 202 headphones in 2002.
Yesterday , the last one died.heh

I know, that sounds a bit over the top , but you have to know that each musician has his own 2X30Watt RMS cue system and they like it LOUD!

HD 202 are one of the cheapest close types on the market. I had AKG 240, Sennheiser 280 etc in the past, they all last for a couple of months.

Been thinking about buying a couple of Sony MDR 7605 or Beyer .... types.

Any advice you can give me for a closed type, LOUD!!!, sturdy, medium priced brand ?

cheers
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

First of all, loud headphones in the studio is why Pete Townshend is partly deaf today. Warn them.

Sony 7506s sound good, but if the guys want them loud the bleed from them will drive you crazy in the overheads, etc. Same for Senn 280s.

Try the Extreme Isolation phones. I use them for musicians all the time, and it works perfectly for them 9 times out of 10. They are very "mid-forward" sounding, which I think actually helps them to be heard more easily when blasting away on drums and such.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search