The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nevolution
Old 20th May 2006
Gear Addict

Neve Nevolution

Have anyone checked this out?

Nevolution... From the name it sounds like a counterpart of Scientology or something. But apparently it's a music contest.

Hmmm, strange. I have always been of the impression that Neve was making classic audio recording equipment and not putting together Pop Idol shows. But I guess they gotta have something for the kidz...

From http://neve.eu:

"About Nevolution

Nevolution is a competition designed to bridge the gap between creativity and opportunity - discover the next musical phenomenon - transform dreams of stardom into reality. Musicians entering Nevolution compete for the ultimate prize; a record deal, recording time on a Neve large format console, a music video, an international platform, and music equipment from the best audio companies. No other online competition offers musicians the opportunity to follow in their hero’s footsteps and record their tracks on a Neve console.

Nevolution Structure

Nevolution starts with four online heats and finishes with a grand final. The entire competition will last approximately ten months. An important component of the competition is that the public play an active role in deciding which acts win the heats. The winners, as chosen by members of the public, will be rewarded with equipment from the co-sponsors and get the opportunity to compete in the final for the record deal.

How can I enter?

Neve is accepting entries via www.neve.eu from the 1st of July 2006. Prospective contestants will be asked to submit a 30 second MP3 recording of their best track, details on the band/artist as well as the usual contact information. The MP3 must be entirely your own work. Covers, samples, tributes will not be accepted."
Old 20th May 2006
Gear Addict

Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

Eh... Bump?

I find it hard to believe that this Nevoulution-Revolution thing goes unnoticed by here on this forum, the place on earth where the word Neve is mentioned most often..?

Anyone plannig to participate etc...?
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Maniac

It has begun...
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guid0
It has begun...

I thought it started in July...?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search