The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What do folks not going, want us to look at at the show?
Old 22nd May 2006
I will go take a photo now...

But I do know for a fact... that the knob color will be changed one last time before production..
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic
I talked with Tom from UA and according to him there is not going to be any new UAD-1 hardware (that is, any new DSP core) any time soon (he said: ".. not this year at least") but he did mention that due to the heavy DSP usage of the new Neve 1073 plugin they will have to come up with some new hardware in the future as people will want to run tons of these plugins.

Cheers!
bManic
Nice to see a PCIe version, of the UAD-1. Even though it may take a physically larger card to accomodate (ala the length the Powercore), I think the easiest solution would be to put multiple mpact2 chips, on a single card. Make them in 2 & 4 DSP chip varieties and price them accordingly.

Thanks, for the update bManic thumbsup

Billy Buck

PS: Still looking forward to the release of the Neve 1073, in couple of days though.
Old 23rd May 2006
SSL Duendo - Intel Mac compatability - expected in 2/3 weeks
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Addict

Thanks for the reports,

Wondering if there is anything noteworthy for A/D/A conversion?

~ mike
Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

I liked the aluminum knobs on the Toft desk, think they're alot nicer then the current pictures on toftaudiodesigns.com (though the color scheme might be debatable, I happened to like it

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search