The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio in China to cut string session
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Head

Studio in China to cut string session

One of my clients asked me if I could look for leads on an engineer & studio to cut strings in Beijing? or Shanghai?(preferably Beijing) He has traditionally been working in Prague? They would need a studio with ISDN capabilities. The producer would be in LA monitoring the session. Apparently it is much cheaper to cut strings overseas. A contact number would be appreciated. Thanks, JD [email protected]
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

I've cut strings in China, in Beijing--I used the huge studios at the television network, CCTV, but I'm not sure how available they are. Oasis is a nice room--Google it for a contact number.

I don't know about ISDN lines, or even the practicality of trying to produce something remotely. He'll need a contractor, copyist, Mandarin speaking conductor, translator, etc. I've done all this, and know how to produce something over there, but it rests on my own personal relationships that enable me to put together a team that will take care of everything. He should consider going there himself. If I can be of assistance they can IM me.

At CCTV they have 2 large rooms, one with a Neve 88 and the other with an Oxford (16 bit). They have PT HD and Sony 48 track digital, and engineers who know how to handle PT transfers, and know how to mix to stems, etc.

-R
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Head

Thanks for the emails. I have forwarded all of this info to my client.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search