The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee Ensemble Personal Thoughts
Old 6th June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
I remember that. Back in the days of 888/24's and AD-8000's, the music store I worked at ran a workshop and had this huge A/B comparison. To me it was blatantly obvious but it was a real shock to see these heavyweight (at least locally) engineer/producer types listen and say there's no difference
They didn't want to admit it after dumping all their cash into the 666's....
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Latest/greatest is relative to the price point to some extent, Matt. Ensemble was designed to be the best in class multi-channel interface on the market. It will compare favorably to any multi-channel interface within $1000.00 of its price point.
So you've said before. But you know, designers love to canabalize sales of higher end gear with their clever innovation; it's marketers who need to love all their children equally with that "best in class" jibber jabber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Ensemble will also compare favorably to many converters that cost much more, but I'll let you guys report on that once it gets here..
God bless Gearslutz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Musician to musician, I would be more than happy with the Ensemble as the front end for my studio. Since I have a Rosetta, I will not be making that change, although short of buying some APIs, I may go with the Ensemble just for the mic pres as I think they are awesome.
You are a diplomat, but I don't doubt what you say about the preamps. I remember when Trak2 was coming out and everyone was thinking "what does Apogee know from preamps?" And then they just blew everyone away. The pres on that thing are surprisingly good. I don't think those designers were thinking "best in class and no better" either.

So, while I know the jury's still out on the Ensemble, I wouldn't be surprised if, as you nibble at above, it gives higher-end gear (even your own) a run for its money.

Or maybe not - who knows?!

In any case, get those bad boys out there and I'll buy one, damnit!

-matt
Old 31st July 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyspanker View Post
I am also weighing up the toss between the Rosetta 200 and the Ensemble. I must admit I am swayed by the headphone outputs and the instant integration with Logic in relation to the Ensemble. Hmmm...
yeah i was about to get the rosetta 200 but realized about the lack of headphone output. what did you get at the end? i need headphones cause i record in the same room as i do tracking.

is there a way to split the signal before hitting the outputs. like for instance. to use my motu 828 mk3 headphones output but still use the rosetta 200 output to my speakers at the same time, knowing that i would hear motu 828s converters through the headphones and rosettas converters through the speakers. obviously while recording I wont use my speakers.

anybody has done something like this before?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search