The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post Your Latest EBAY Acquisitions Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Post Your Latest EBAY Acquisitions

So what do y'all think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7416029411
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

I'm no expert, but it looks like a guitar to me.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear
so what do you think of this?! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

wrote the guy and asked him some questions. it'll be interesting if he writes back. nothing like a private auction to "protect the bidders' identities".
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

This is just me, but zero feedback seller + private auction = avoid
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
John, amazing eye!

Nice buy Kestral. How do you usually ship a guitar of that vintage? I would be on the edge
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl
Nice buy Kestral. How do you usually ship a guitar of that vintage? I would be on the edge
I'm having it shipped air expedited with full insurance so if anything goes wrong it'll be fully covered. I've been emailing the seller all week and he has experience shipping guitars. Seller also offers refund.

Daniel Lanois' guitar tech lives in Hamilton, I'm going to take it to him once I get it and have him check it out.

Looking on GBase and this site:
http://www.folkwaymusic.com/instruments/gibson.html

Folkaway has a 1962 Gibson LG-3 selling for $1819 and the one I bought is a 1957 for $1100.

Really looking forward to this. I have wanted an acoustic guitar for a very long time now.
Old 18th May 2006
Deleted User
My 2 most recent...

I just nabbed these two deals.

656 feet of Canare Star Quad mic cable -- $60

DBX 900a frame with 2 903 comps and 2 Aphex 9001 Aural Exciters for $425.

That was just in the last week and a half.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Pedestrian, but useful.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

I bought one of each original Danelectro guitar pedal. I don't know why, I just wanted a complete set of the original chevy logo stomboxes.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

My latest?

Xbox game....The Suffering....great way to unwind while backing up!! Only $8!!

sdf
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

echo indigo I/O for my notebook for 90 bux
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

SansAmp Bass Driver DI $150 inc international shipping... pretty hard to come by here so I was ok with the price. Other than that; API EQ pair for Lunchbox, custom made guitar from a dude in American Heartbreak, patchbays etc etc.

/D
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdyrocker
I just nabbed these two deals.

656 feet of Canare Star Quad mic cable -- $60

DBX 900a frame with 2 903 comps and 2 Aphex 9001 Aural Exciters for $425.

That was just in the last week and a half.
I think you outbid me on that one, ha!
Old 18th May 2006
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Are you guys actually skeptical of private auctions? I was gonna start using them on a couple of auctions I plan to start today. I've sold a few things in the past month or two, and on almost every one of them, there have been fraudulent "Second Chance Offers" sent to the other bidders (whose identities weren't hidden). I thought that using the private auction option would be great for cutting down on that.

I'm not doing this with zero feedback, though.

-dave
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-G
Are you guys actually skeptical of private auctions? I was gonna start using them on a couple of auctions I plan to start today. I've sold a few things in the past month or two, and on almost every one of them, there have been fraudulent "Second Chance Offers" sent to the other bidders (whose identities weren't hidden). I thought that using the private auction option would be great for cutting down on that.

-dave
Not at all- but I've been judicious about what I buy- and in Switzerland people are pretty honest.
It is a combination of factors that dictates avoiding an auction, not one single thing.

JR
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

I personally am skeptical. Privacy also doesn't give me a bid trail to see if there's any shill bidding going on.

And the old principle goes, if someone is hiding something (even if its as simple as a bidders list or the Bush government stopping an investigation for "Reasons of National Security") it makes people suspicious.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Very interesting. I hadn't even considered it before, and had never bid in one before I bought a couple of things during that amazing "crystalphonic" sell-off. Those were private auctions, and I kinda appreciated it. I find that if I bid (and lose, heheh) on any piece of high-end gear NOT in a private auction, I get 2 or 3 fake "Second Chance Offer" emails.

I had thought that avoiding those would be a good reason to use it, but I do kinda see your point, Kestral

-dave
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

How do you like the mics? You outbid me on that one!heh
Old 18th May 2006
500 series nutjob

i avoid the private auctions.
just feel like someone is hiding something and it makes me nervous.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Addict

I bought a JBL D120F
That's one of the orange 12" JBL speakers made for Fender.
It came out of a blackface twin and still has the original cone.
I think it's KILLER in my 65 Deluxe !!
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohaku
How do you like the mics? You outbid me on that one!heh
They're nice. Very nice. I have a modern pair of Gefell M294. Rather similar overall, but different enough to keep around.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohaku
thats a great price for the XT
Old 18th May 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-G

-dave
It wouldn't be for some of those Fostex ribbon mics you are hiding away would it?
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

I just bought a pair of DBX 161 with original factory racking for a BIN of $150 inlcuding shipping. The pair rocks, and is real clean.....after I cleaned it up a bit.

Don't get to much better than that!

Joe
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

A few weeks before the dbx 161's, I bought two DBX 160X's (usa made ones to boot) comps for $59 each buy it now on ebay,

Joe
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Nut

I got a Urei 7110 off Ebay recently... best money I ever spent (and it wasnt a fat lot at that!).

This think does serious damage to drums when pushed, yet can function quite conservatively aswell. Absolute bargain.

TB
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Addict

Yeah, private auctions make me nervous too. There is always a potential for getting a great deal, or for getting screwed too. It's best to stay away.

I just bought a Distressor

And a DBX 160X

And I got Great deals on both!
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
It wouldn't be for some of those Fostex ribbon mics you are hiding away would it?
HAHA!!! Oh man.. I have thought about it several times, but can't motivate to part with 'em yet ... But I will let you know when I do... or if .

-dave

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search