Gear Maniac

Terratec Phase 88 ==> RME Multiface II

Hi!

(see title)

Will there be a hearable quality jump?

Volker
Old 17th May 2006
wow Volker, you lucky guy

I had exactly (well, I had EWS88.. but same chips, and I think boardlayout like the phase) and changed to MFII...

yes big diffrence:
- signals are more separated (focused) in the mix
- more lowend without become muddy
- more transparency esp. at 2 khz to 4khz
- stereo improvement (less artefacts)

both AD and DA are superior to the Phase.. let's say on a scale from 1 to 10 (1=garbage, 10=apogee 16x) the phase is 4, Multiface is 7.

driverstabilty is superb, low latency.. best bang for the buck to me.. have a look at the Lynx aurora.. a bit up to the RME MFII but not so much options.
Old 10th July 2006
Gear Maniac

Hi!

I use the Adam P22A and sometimes I have the feeling that the mids are a little bit "wobbly" and undefined... could this also be caused by the phase88?

And if I'd go fireface: Is it stable (via firewire)? Are the AD/DA-converters better than the MultifaceII ones?

Thanks!

Volker
Old 10th July 2006
stable, converters are newer (dont know if better).
Old 10th July 2006
Gear Maniac

I'm looking to make an upgrade from my Phase 88, too. If you guys have any other suggestions in the $1000-1500 price range, I'd love to hear them. I'm a lot happier with how my recordings are coming out, but they're still not right. I don't know if I can really blame it on the convertors, though. I'm hearing some fantastic recordings coming out of Digi 002s. Is the conversion in a Digi 002 much better than the Phase 88(Same idea as the EWS88 or whatever.)?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search