The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recording „U“ vocal
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Head

Recording „U“ vocal

Hello
Does anybody help me with recording „HM“ (brumendo) and „U“ vocals ?
They are a bit complicated , because there is a lot of incoming breathe .
What can I do for best record of this vocals ?

Thanks a lot
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

If there's too much breath in those sounds, it's probably the singer's fault. You can then only try to get the mic slightly off-axis or at a larger distance. If one doesn't sing directly into the mic, but slightly past it, the air flow will not touch the mic, but of course it's going to sound different.
Is your main problem a "breathy" sound or rather the wind coming out of the mouth?
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkautzsch
If there's too much breath in those sounds, it's probably the singer's fault. You can then only try to get the mic slightly off-axis or at a larger distance. If one doesn't sing directly into the mic, but slightly past it, the air flow will not touch the mic, but of course it's going to sound different.
Is your main problem a "breathy" sound or rather the wind coming out of the mouth?
It is wind coming out of the mouth , if is mic slightly off-axis or at a larger distance it sounds quietly .
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

One of the first things my vocal teacher trained me was doing "U"s without wind...this being classical without any mic nearer than 5 ft.
Just because of the SOUND...

So, on the long run, try to get the singer to make less windy "U"s. For now miking from the side should be ok.
You might also want to try a pressure transducer (SD omni - a lot less susceptible to wind) in the mouth-axis, and a good pop screen.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Head

Thanks a lot ! I'll try someting what you recommended me .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search