The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New microphone company liberty microphones?? Analog Processors (HW)
Old 13th March 2012
Here for the gear

New microphone company liberty microphones??

Hi everyone I've been a reader of this forum for a while, lots of knowledge and sharing, very cool.
I have a question, has anybody heard of
Liberty microphone and transducer co. ?
I've been looking for a good stage mic, and I stumbled on to this site.
The mic totally looks cool and seems to have some great qualities made in the USA , etc.
Didn't know if any one has one or maybe has heard it.
Any input would be great, I'm thinking about a decent mic besides a 57.
The address is
Libertymicrophones.com
Any suggestions for good vocal mics will help

Thanks
Old 13th March 2012
That doesn't seem like a legit website at all...
Old 13th March 2012
Gear Addict

As a full-time web designer, I assure you that the website could be totally legit. It's just crappy. I see this type of stuff everyday (and those companies hire me to fix em .

Concerning the microphones, no idea of the quality. They do look kind of cool though.
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedantic Sound View Post
What's wrong with it? Looks good to me. No flash, no frames and no useless animations.
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedantic Sound View Post
Actually, it's the fly by night companies with the flashy websites that you have to watch out for.

If it's a small time operation, they may not be able to afford a web designer, and probably are too busy making mics to be futzing with their website.
Old 13th March 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
If it's a small time operation, they may not be able to afford a web designer, and probably are too busy making mics to be futzing with their website.
+1 to that. I should have prefaced that I do work on a bunch of family-owned business websites that their nephew/grandson/fill-in-the-blank did.

Nothing wrong with that at all. They worry about their product and getting it out to as many people as possible, which does include pricing.
Old 13th March 2012
Looks cool, who knows what it sounds like though.

The American mic companies they are saying that they are following in the tradition of, didn't make the best sounding mics IMHO. Except for RCA that is.

Even then, how many people are tracking with RCA dynamics? The ribbons are great...

Mostly people like to collect the old Turners and Astatics for the fun of it, or you see some HAM radio dudes that get attached to them.

I guess Astatic does make some new mics in China now...CAD?

Just saying, I hope this mic sounds better than an old Turner.
If I was starting out, not sure if I would lump those old mics in my description or not.

Just saying.

Has anybody listened to this mic? Not any specs there aside from the freq plot. I didn't see any sensitivity etc. No samples either, which is rarer and rarer now.

If the return policy allows satisfaction guaranteed, then have at it.
I would check though, unless looks are all that matters here.

john
Old 14th March 2012
Here for the gear

Thanks for all reply, I bet they sound good, it seems like there proud and old school and not trying to compete. I do agree the site is sorta blah, but good info. I sent them an email and they seem really cool all of the owners are musicians or engineers. With some cred. They will support the mic for life and the warranty is transferable then compared it to a snap on or a old craftsmen tool from the support standpoint, if it breaks well replace it , that simple.
I'm gonna pick a 76 up to check it out, and compare it to my shure 57,
I was also thinking about picking up a heil mic too.
Old 14th March 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr deeds View Post
Thanks for all reply, I bet they sound good, it seems like there proud and old school and not trying to compete. I do agree the site is sorta blah, but good info. I sent them an email and they seem really cool all of the owners are musicians or engineers. With some cred. They will support the mic for life and the warranty is transferable then compared it to a snap on or a old craftsmen tool from the support standpoint, if it breaks well replace it , that simple.
I'm gonna pick a 76 up to check it out, and compare it to my shure 57,
I was also thinking about picking up a heil mic too.

Sorry to be suspicious but I can't help it when a new poster asks about a company and then proceeds to list "talking points" in their second post... is the well supposed to be "we'll" as in you are part of the company or a typo for "will"

It's like those annoying medication commercials where the one person says "I'm on this great new medicine, of course i did talk to my doctor and told him about all of the other medicines I am currently taking, and any side effect I have experienced on those, whether or not I smoke and if I am or am planning on becoming pregnant" real people don't talk like that.
Old 14th March 2012
Gear Addict

Heil PR20s are awesome. I dig them quite a bit. Sound great on snare, guitar and cajon. Vocals sound nice too.

As for the validity of the poster, everyone has to start their post count somewhere and he/she only talks about the experience they had talking with the company. I think the "we'll" in question refers to the conversation with the company. Not everything is a conspiracy
Old 15th March 2012
One of the things that threw me was what appeared to be a frequency response graph hand drawn with a marker. That seemed a bit odd.
Old 15th March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Sorry to be suspicious but I can't help it when a new poster asks about a company and then proceeds to list "talking points" in their second post... is the well supposed to be "we'll" as in you are part of the company or a typo for "will"

It's like those annoying medication commercials where the one person says "I'm on this great new medicine, of course i did talk to my doctor and told him about all of the other medicines I am currently taking, and any side effect I have experienced on those, whether or not I smoke and if I am or am planning on becoming pregnant" real people don't talk like that.
This is a good post. I don't know if the OP is spamming or not, but it is a little suspect.

I just don't know that I'd have a use for a re-issue of an old Turner mic?
I mean...for what? Blues harp? I can get an old mic for less I think. Again, the photo looks real nice...how does it sound? What does this mic bring to the table besides the Art Deco look?

If you are affiliated with the company MR. Deeds, please see about getting at least some clips up to listen to. Possibly a comparison of this mic and maybe an SM57 or something on the same source, same take? Just a friendly suggestion is all.

Some more detailed specs would be cool, and lend some cred as well.

I like the idea of somebody actually manufacturing in the USA, as I feel like that is a large part of why our economy has tanked. That said, if you have a nice American product or not, some people need more info in this economy to get them to part with their money.

It's not Neumann money, but spending $ on something you have never heard without any specs or word of mouth is a potential waste, no matter what the price. Particularly if there is no return policy.

The warranty is cool, but if the mic sounds bad in perfect working order, what good is a warranty? See where I am going with this?

Good luck man, I hope your company takes off if you are in fact affiliated. Do the right things, and if you have a great product, word will get out.

john

Last edited by NEWTON IN ORBIT; 15th March 2012 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: typo...sorry

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search